Exterior made with Thea for SU v2...

Final renders, ready to show off.
User avatar
saurus
Thea Licensed User
Thea Licensed User
Posts: 956
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:12 am
Location: Serbia
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:48 am

Rombout, you asked me where did I read it? So I answered...I now it is old and do not expect it, or ask for it. I just remember it...However, some kind of optimization of vegetation rendering like in other paper would be very useful...
User avatar
Rombout
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester
Posts: 12821
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 12:42 am
Location: Curacao, Netherland Antilles
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:41 am

I remember that name in the paper from a app i had in the ipad. TreeSketch, a couple weeks ago i got a email from i believe a developer which used to work there. He started some kind of botanical project. It was a bit vague though, he showed spherical walkthrough of a scene. But i wasnt really sure what was the deal with that.
User avatar
Hieru
Thea Licensed User
Thea Licensed User
Posts: 1840
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:47 am
Location: UK
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:24 pm

I didn't expect to see an ecosystem for 2.0, but I'm surprised that it's likely to be dropped altogether. I hope that doesn't mean that we aren't going to see fur/grass any time soon.
Rombout wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:41 am
I remember that name in the paper from a app i had in the ipad. TreeSketch
TreeSketch was a lot fun and you could get some really interessting results. I was dissapointed when it died due to lack of support for newer OS updates.
These users thanked the author Hieru for the post:
Frederik (Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:50 am)
Rating: 33.33%
User avatar
Frederik
Thea A Team
Thea A Team
Posts: 5273
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:24 pm
Location: Denmark
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:22 pm

Hieru wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:24 pm
I didn't expect to see an ecosystem for 2.0, but I'm surprised that it's likely to be dropped altogether.
Not sure I follow you here...
As far as I can see no-one have written anything about a complete drop of this...
Fact is that we don't know what the future will bring, but we do know that an eco-system won't come in v2.0...
Perhaps 3.0 is a better guess... ;)
Just remember how long time it took from v1.0 to 1.5... :shh: :shifty:
Cheers
Kim Frederik

"If you have no critics you'll likely have no success..."
-Malcolm X
User avatar
littleche
Thea Licensed User
Thea Licensed User
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:17 pm
Location: YAZD
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:22 am

littleche wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:37 am
Hello Fredric

thanks for your sharing.

whats different in TR engins between V1.5 and V2?

in thea V2 we will have some progress on TR engines?
Hello, Fredric,
you did not answer my question. ;)
Nabi Sarvi.

my thea render gallery: https://goo.gl/NVhKgE
User avatar
Frederik
Thea A Team
Thea A Team
Posts: 5273
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:24 pm
Location: Denmark
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:16 am

littleche wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:22 am
Hello, Fredric,
you did not answer my question. ;)
I can't answer your question...
First of, please understand that I'm bound by an NDA...
Secondly, I haven't made a 1 to 1 test on the TR engines between v1.5 and v2...
Third, I've already answered a similar question to dbalex here...
Frederik wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:57 pm
:think: Hhhmmm...
I'm not sure to be honest... :|
I don't think TR1 and TR2 is faster... At least that's how it seem, but I haven't made a comparison test, as all the time I spend is on the new functions, see how they work, test if there's something broken in any of the engines...
(To be honest it's fairly time consuming to beta test an advanced application like Thea Render...)

Having said that... I believe that difficult lightning situations is handled much better in v2, hence even TR1 and TR2 seem to clear up a little faster...

The most significant change is the new build-in de-noisers...
They can take a grainy image and make it clean, which means that although the user doesn't let it render "long enough", one of the de-noise filters will help clear the image and the user will be able to get a great clean render in much less time...

Although this isn't a "huge" test, the attached render of the flowers in a basket was done in 2 mins 51 secs...
I would never get such a clean render in v1.5 in such a short time... :)
Cheers
Kim Frederik

"If you have no critics you'll likely have no success..."
-Malcolm X
User avatar
SandroS
Thea Licensed User
Thea Licensed User
Posts: 3003
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 8:20 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:57 am

Hieru wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:24 pm
I didn't expect to see an ecosystem for 2.0, but I'm surprised that it's likely to be dropped altogether.
some tweaks to the current instancing system would make it much more flexible and powerful but unfortunately any suggestions made over the years have gone unnoticed or have been ignored.
Hieru wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:24 pm
I hope that doesn't mean that we aren't going to see fur/grass any time soon.
+1
User avatar
Frederik
Thea A Team
Thea A Team
Posts: 5273
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:24 pm
Location: Denmark
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:59 am

Hieru wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:24 pm
I hope that doesn't mean that we aren't going to see fur/grass any time soon.
I assume you mean Fur/Hair - right...?!

I have to admit that my knowledge about how hair/fur works is very limited...
I assume that it can also be used for grass, but since I already have Skatter for SU, I'm likely not to use a hair/fur system for grass...

Although hair/fur sounds interesting, I'm not sure how often I will use it...
Could be interesting to know what/why you're interested in a hair/fur system...
Cheers
Kim Frederik

"If you have no critics you'll likely have no success..."
-Malcolm X
User avatar
littleche
Thea Licensed User
Thea Licensed User
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:17 pm
Location: YAZD
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:21 pm

Frederik wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:16 am
littleche wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:22 am
Hello, Fredric,
you did not answer my question. ;)
I can't answer your question...
First of, please understand that I'm bound by an NDA...
Secondly, I haven't made a 1 to 1 test on the TR engines between v1.5 and v2...
Third, I've already answered a similar question to dbalex here...
Frederik wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:57 pm
:think: Hhhmmm...
I'm not sure to be honest... :|
I don't think TR1 and TR2 is faster... At least that's how it seem, but I haven't made a comparison test, as all the time I spend is on the new functions, see how they work, test if there's something broken in any of the engines...
(To be honest it's fairly time consuming to beta test an advanced application like Thea Render...)

Having said that... I believe that difficult lightning situations is handled much better in v2, hence even TR1 and TR2 seem to clear up a little faster...

The most significant change is the new build-in de-noisers...
They can take a grainy image and make it clean, which means that although the user doesn't let it render "long enough", one of the de-noise filters will help clear the image and the user will be able to get a great clean render in much less time...

Although this isn't a "huge" test, the attached render of the flowers in a basket was done in 2 mins 51 secs...
I would never get such a clean render in v1.5 in such a short time... :)
Hello again Frederik
thanks for your responsiveness, I understand your Obligations And limitation so I did not have Added requests :thumbup:
Nabi Sarvi.

my thea render gallery: https://goo.gl/NVhKgE
Post Reply