• Welcome to the Thea Render Community
    Feel free to create an account and start interacting with the community. Please make sure that you check your junk/spam folder for the confirmation email.

Work in Progress

Get feedback on your current artwork.
Hi everyone, let me introduce myself, I'm Paolo, I live in Italy, I've always had a hobby interest in interior design, and about a year ago the opportunity arose to change jobs, now I design interior furnishings in a shop and renderings are an excellent tool to give customers a detailed preview of what their new environments will look like and a way to close deals faster. I would like to have some advice from those who do rendering for work on what to improve in my technique to reach the level that I often see in the images of companies that produce furniture. I am attaching some photos of my latest project, the best I have managed to do. Thanks in advance!
This model project was collage edited for SketchUp Diffusion Testing (Diffusion Test Results here) but, for reference images, all scenes were rendered with Thea Render. Render times are marked on each image. The Project: A collage of personal work brought together for these Diffusion tests, was originally started back in 2019 from a vision of a much larger, expansive project combining a great library, social hub and train station mixing steampunk and ancient, extinct, titanic civilisation’s megalithic stone structures in the background to include allot of air transport with a focus on this train. The train itself is an ongoing project that is not meant to be presented strapped to tracks, but instead, floating locomotion via...
My name is Slave Petkovski from Macedonia and currently working as Technical Manager in "ALICO" - United Arab Emirates. I have long experience in field of aluminium products, started 1983 with employment in Macedonian company "ALUMINA". My work taking part in stage of tendering ,where I need to show to client/consultant/architect final look of designed system /solution for their projects. In same time, I am working on developing aluminium systems to be included as standard products in our company. What ever I post here is part of my job. All models are done in SketchUp and renders are straight from Thea/SketchUp. I don't need to worry about artistic view of images. Main goal is to show aluminium system. Starting: Hotel entrance...
Flex Tools windows and doors. Instant Architecture roof. Poliigon textures. I'm still trying to convert the stone texture to something approaching granite. Furniture is from 3D cad files from Andreu World. Plants are from Vispark. Lots of dividing for depth maps. Stone textures are the worst. Not much available off the shelf. There's not enough money in architectural renderings.
Working on a Telecaster now. The body is a lot easier than the Stratocaster. Neck will be similar. I made a laminated pickguard and have some round top volume and tone knobs. There are variations between 50s/60s Tele's and modern versions. I laid out the body shape using my ancient Autocad program. The knurling for the knobs were essentially created with a simple component in Sketchup with some rotating, copying and shifting. All parts by me. No wiring though. Color is Miami Blue which I created from a high reflected blue from Thea materials library and adjusted the RGB to 164, 218, 246 and added for coating layers.
Done in Thea Studio Literally after years of experimentation I decided to sit down and figure this out. I've always wanted to make planets for space scenes and make them well. There are certainly better platforms to do that that then Thea but being those other platforms are expensive and take years to learn I decided to push Thea to see what it could do. Tropical Moon Model mechanics: 6 spheres (each one slightly larger then the last): Surface Clouds Low atmosphere Medium atmosphere High atmosphere Super High Atmosphere This is how I got the atmosphere effect. I used the four atmosphere spheres as a clear thin glass material, set to Interference ON, thickness at 0.00. This way the glass doesn't render but acts as a "container" Each...
Hi All, It's been a while since I've posted anything here... I'm helping a friend with an extension of his cottage and played with a render of it. But I'm really struggling to make the thatched roof look realistic... Perhaps I need to rethink it and use Skatter...? :unsure: Any way... This is what I've managed to achieve so far...
Back