• Welcome to the Thea Render Community
    Feel free to create an account and start interacting with the community. Please make sure that you check your junk/spam folder for the confirmation email.

Vintage Sony Radio

Hi everybody

here is a Thea alpha render of a Vintage Sony Radio and the real photo which was used as reference

the rendered image is pure Thea without any post pro ;)
modeled by Jon and rendered by me

Greetings Patrick

Attachments

• Sony_Radio_final_Thea_alpha_01.png
    Sony_Radio_final_Thea_alpha_01.png
    619.5 KB · Views: 15,337
  • real photo.jpg
    real photo.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 15,299
Personally, I would love to see also the rendered radio standing on a displaced carpet.

thanks
giannis

Little said:
rendering time?

Hi Little

render times will be published once we start beta testing ... i can only reveal that Thea is faster then KT and KT is already in good shape compared with other render engines ;)

Greetings Patrick

Lovely render!

Pardon my ignorance, but whats KT?

patricks said:
Little said:
rendering time?

Hi Little

render times will be published once we start beta testing ... i can only reveal that Thea is faster then KT and KT is already in good shape compared with other render engines ;)

Greetings Patrick

Great render, it will be interesting to see the render times for these. Oh I just noticed that Kilocycles is spelt differently in the rendered image ;)

:eek: Stunning. Aw it is so good, I am just in awe of you dude!

James said:
Great render, it will be interesting to see the render times for these. Oh I just noticed that Kilocycles is spelt differently in the render image ;)

Aw bummer! :p

alex said:
It's material effect, which by the way was already available in Kerkythea :cool:
Great material, but If Thea can use micro-displacement, why use the 'old' 'circular_brushed_AA1.mat'?

Sony_knob.jpg

Left pict is knob from 'Vintage Sony Radio".
Right pict (with white borders) come from a Kerkythea topic "Hifi knobs ... etc" by lob, where this pict was posted, 04 Jul 2008 22:43 (!) by patricks who said: "it reproduces the fine microscopic groves of circular brushed materials without using bump or normal map ....".
If right pict was made with Kerkythea (one year ago) and left with Thea recently... I think the right knob have better look. :cool:

Hi ycarry

Thea can also reproduce the right knob ..... but KT would have more difficulties to reproduce the Thea knob ;) ...... because Thea knob is produced with a "new feature" KT dont have ..... also if you look at the reference photo .... the Thea knob looks more close to the photo and this was what i was looking for

of cause you may find the right knob better looking ..... but be sure you can produce both with Thea :)

Greetings Patrick

Back