[SOLVED] Wrong lighting in Presto MC in Production Mode

New to Thea? Feel free to ask anything here and we will help!
sunsellers
Been thanked: 0

Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:40 am

Hi, there! I have a question about lighting in Presto engine. I try demo of Thea render for Cinema 4d with presto MC engine in production mode (i use nvidia rtx 2060 card), and i have troubles with scene lighting. perhaps, i create cube, add Thea plastic material, then add small omni light neat the cube, and render with Presto MC (as production mode). And i see the full cube, no shadows, no shadow gradients from light to darkness, I see the cube illuminated from all sides, and the small point of glare on its edge. Then, i start bias render, and now I see a scene with normal light, where the right part of the cube is lighted and right part is dark. What is it? Wrong render lighting engine in Presto mode? Or i made wrong settings of lighting, or material, or camera? i just use factory material from Thea library on the cube, standart omny light with thea lighting tag, and standarg thea camera (and without camera too). it is interesting, but the light works fine in the interactive mode and the problem concerns only the production mode.

Alexander

george
Thea Support
Thea Support

Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:07 am

Hi Alexander. You have Ambient Occlussion turned on and this is the reason why you get this uniform lighting.
You need to assign physical values to your lights and make sure that the scale of the scene is normal.

Try disabling Ambient Occlusion and adjust the Omni light to a value of 300Watts. Then treat Display Settings as a real camera.
For example, ISO: 300, f-number: 2.8 and Shutter Speed: 50.
These users thanked the author george for the post:
sunsellers (Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:29 pm)
Rating: 4%
sunsellers
Been thanked: 0

Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:30 pm

thank you. it's solution!