Upgrade License Policy for v1.5 Users

Our news about Thea Render.
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:10 pm

Dear friends,

it took us a while to reach a final decision on this and we apologize for the delay. As some of you may know, there is a difference between the (standard) license of Thea Render in v1.5 which allowed up to 3 installations and Thea Render v2.0 which is a node-locked (single computer) license.

After our internal meetings, I believe we have found a solution that solves this (although, does create more work for license management) and we apply this immediately. The solution depends on whether you have a standard or floating license of Thea Render for X product (where X is SketchUp, Rhino, Cinema4D).

Upgrade Cases
A. If you have a standard license of Thea Render v1.5 for X then with the upgrade license, you will receive three single (node-locked) licenses of Thea Render v2.0 for X. In other words, you can install again on up to three computers, with these three licenses. Since these are three discrete licenses, you can even use v2.0 software simultaneously on these computers.

B. If you have a floating license of Thea Render v1.5 for X then with the upgrade license, you will receive a network license of Thea Render v2.0 for X. Floating license is basically the same with the network license, there is a license server and unlimited installations of the software (but only one can run licensed at any given time).

Other Questions
Q. If I have license of Thea Render v1.5 for X and Y what should I get to run v2.0 licensed again for X and Y?
A. You will need to buy upgrades for both X and Y products.

Q. If I have license of Thea Studio v1.5, can I get an upgrade to Thea Render for X v2.0?
A. No, you will need to buy a new license of Thea Render for X v2.0.

Q. How many installations do I get with a new license of Thea Render for X v2.0?
A new single user license covers one computer only, so you can install and activate on one computer (it is only for existing customers buying an upgrade that we offer three licenses).

Q. I have already bought a v2.0 upgrade license before this modification, what now?
A. Our upgrade policy applies also to orders that have been already made, eg. we will modify them to correspond to three licenses. Please bare us with us though, since we will need to go back and revisit all the existing orders and provide the additional two licenses (it will certainly take some extra time).

Q. I have bought a v2.0 upgrade license. What about maintenance licenses and further updates?
A. The upgrade license is essentially three licenses. Maintenance license and/or upgrade license has to be purchased separately for these three licenses.

Best regards
Science may limit knowledge but should never limit imagination - Bertrand Russell
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:17 pm

The remark is another Q/A that needs to be clear and up fronted here. This has to do with the way we defined upgrade v2.0 licenses to be equivalent to three distinct licenses. See below.

Q. I have bought a v2.0 upgrade license. What about maintenance licenses and further updates?
A The upgrade license is essentially three licenses. Maintenance license and/or upgrade license has to be purchased separately for these three licenses.

Best regards
Science may limit knowledge but should never limit imagination - Bertrand Russell