Sampling Improvements for Presto

Check out our technology advances and new features.
rogerpenna
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:22 am

nigec wrote:
Panga wrote:This SSS mat is impressive...very convincing ! Thanks for your hard work ! Is this update will be free of charge for existing user ? I bought Thea during beta phase and from this time I did not pay anything more...I'm not complaining but you made such work and improvements since beta !

I hope that your user base growed enough to make you feel confortable with this !!

A big thanks again and again. :thumbup:
As far as I'm aware updates remain free until version 2x, so if the current trend remains true at 2 massive revisions a year there is still awhile to go, I guess when Presto is bullet proof revisions may come faster

my guess is that they will add plenty of render improvements (both CPU and GPU) until 2.0.

2.0 and onwards will see additions in other areas of Thea Studio, like maybe adding some features that are now only available to the Thea Plugins of more complete programs like C4D, Max, etc.
john keates
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:03 am

I don't know how much of the original road map is now scrapped, but there was once texture baking, hair/skin shading, particles and online repository on there.

Mind you, if they put all that stuff in v1 then there wouldn't be much left for v2!
notareal
Thea Support
Thea Support

Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:25 am

john keates wrote:I don't know how much of the original road map is now scrapped, but there was once texture baking, hair/skin shading, particles and online repository on there.

Mind you, if they put all that stuff in v1 then there wouldn't be much left for v2!
Sertainly some features are postponed from the old road map as new features did find they way in, but I dont see why the features planned would not be implemented in some point. But as everyone knows the industry developement speed is fast, so there are always some new wanted feature lurking... and naturally developers also do invent some new and novel features.