Support for 3Dconnexion Mice

Check out our technology advances and new features.
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:17 am

ivan.dedos wrote: For my work on my SpaceNavigator, but is "almost" impossible to control. It takes a few seconds to respond and then almost went crazy orbiting.

PS; I am available for feedback, I just need you to tell me how to send more information.
I am really sorry about this; we have seen the same on one imac here. Apologies about this (to be honest, it was one of the last things planned for this version and the testing on the mac side was limited). So, I do confirm this and it is not your fault; it will be added to our priority list for fixing but it may take up to next version (1.3.06) to review it.

Best wishes
Science may limit knowledge but should never limit imagination - Bertrand Russell
Hieru
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:56 am

giannis wrote:Perhaps, you are trying to move a locked camera?
It's happening with unlocked cameras and 'current view'.

I should mention that when I first installed the new driver I could get the mouse to zoom and rotate would work intermittently at certain angles.
PixelMango
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:08 pm

giannis wrote:
ivan.dedos wrote: For my work on my SpaceNavigator, but is "almost" impossible to control. It takes a few seconds to respond and then almost went crazy orbiting.

PS; I am available for feedback, I just need you to tell me how to send more information.
I am really sorry about this; we have seen the same on one imac here. Apologies about this (to be honest, it was one of the last things planned for this version and the testing on the mac side was limited). So, I do confirm this and it is not your fault; it will be added to our priority list for fixing but it may take up to next version (1.3.06) to review it.

Best wishes
It's working great on my SpacePilot. Didn't have to update any drivers or do anything special to get it to work. So, I have to presume any glitches others are experiencing are driver related, and not Thea.
Spherical
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:24 pm

Driver type has been found to be the issue in LightWave. IIRC, there are two main types. Get the wrong one and stuff like this crops up. I have yet to get a 3D Connexion device, as there hasn't been support for them enough to warrant a purchase. But, I have been keeping tabs n development and issues. Now that three of my apps have support, it's time to jump in.
Carbon Fiber, Blown Glass & Imagination
Spherical Magic | We Build Cool Stuff!
ivan.dedos
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:42 am

giannis wrote: I am really sorry about this; we have seen the same on one imac here. Apologies about this (to be honest, it was one of the last things planned for this version and the testing on the mac side was limited). So, I do confirm this and it is not your fault; it will be added to our priority list for fixing but it may take up to next version (1.3.06) to review it.

Best wishes
Giannis Thanks for taking the time to respond. I'll wait for the next versions, and will gladly send you feedback.
• SketchUp 2019.1 • Spanish SketchUp Forumdedos.estudio • Windows 10 64bit • Core i7 4790 3.6 GHz • 32 GB RAM
makma
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:13 pm

Unfortunately I cannot use my 3D Connexion mouse with Thea Studio Presto2 Edition v 1.3.04 Win 64 bit. Changed port without a success. 3D mouse driver up to date and works fine in SU and Blender.
Where is that 1.3.05 Thea version? I can't find it in download section now. There is only a 1.3.04 one.

Marek
PixelMango
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:26 am

makma wrote:Unfortunately I cannot use my 3D Connexion mouse with Thea Studio Presto2 Edition v 1.3.04 Win 64 bit. Changed port without a success. 3D mouse driver up to date and works fine in SU and Blender.
Where is that 1.3.05 Thea version? I can't find it in download section now. There is only a 1.3.04 one.

Marek
It's not going to work with an older build. The support was just added, and you can find the new build(s) here:

http://www.thearender.com/forum/viewtop ... 11&t=13804
Frederik
Thea A Team
Thea A Team

Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:27 am

makma wrote:Where is that 1.3.05 Thea version?
You must be looking at the wrong places...
Try the Thea Edition v1.3 - Download Links thread... ;)
Cheers
Kim Frederik

"If you have no critics you'll likely have no success..."
-Malcolm X
makma
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:20 pm

Frederik and PixelMango, thank you very much for an advice.

Installed the new version of Thea and 3D mouse works very well now. I am a little bit confused how to scale individual objects because I loose control of the dimensions. Maybe a matter of practise. Moving and rotating the individual items or a whole scene go super. Quick response to a tiny touch to the mouse. Absolute magic!!!

I was looking for new Thea version in downland section, of course. Fortunately it is already there!

Many greetings!

Marek
Bob James
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:49 am

SuperMouse Pro doesn't work for me on this machine using Thea Render (v1.3.05.1086).
i7-6800K 3.4Ghz, GTX 1080ti 11GB, 32GB Crucial DDR4-2400 ECC, OCZ Vertex 4 1TB, WD Black 3TB, 32TB NAS, 4x Dell 27" Monitors, SpaceMouse Pro
Never underestimate the intelligence of your audience nor overestimate your own - Bob James