HDRI-Hub IBL Libraries

Development versions, documentation, tutorials and application resources may be found here.

Moderator: patricks

Rombout

Thats great to hear!
JQL
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Hi Christina,

Thanks for this.

I've been trying to use the libraries and had some problems with them not casting shadows. This happens when using those blurred hdr images, for IBL.

When the sky is cloudy I suppose that is the way it's meant, however for instance on the container set, if one doesn't turn the sun on and manually set it's power and soft shadows radius, there's no way we can match the shadows on the background.

Of course I and many here can set that ourselves, however, for the beginner, wich will try to use the sets, I believe that sun should already be set.

Thanks again,

João
www.casca.pt
Visit us on facebook!

Win 10 64bit
Sketchup 2017 64bit
Intel i7 5820K 3.3Ghz 32Gb Ram
Nvidia Titan X 12Gb
patricks
Thea Technical Artist
Thea Technical Artist

JQL wrote:Hi Christina,

Thanks for this.

I've been trying to use the libraries and had some problems with them not casting shadows. This happens when using those blurred hdr images, for IBL.

When the sky is cloudy I suppose that is the way it's meant, however for instance on the container set, if one doesn't turn the sun on and manually set it's power and soft shadows radius, there's no way we can match the shadows on the background.

Of course I and many here can set that ourselves, however, for the beginner, wich will try to use the sets, I believe that sun should already be set.

Thanks again,

João

you can also save the sky to the library ... if you add a sun to the IBL it will also get saved together with the darkroom display settings ;)

right click on the browser and select save sky.
" Poets say science takes away from the beauty of the stars - mere globs of gas atoms.
I too, can see the stars on a desert night, and feel them. But do I see less or more ? "

Richard P. Feynman
JQL
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Thanks for your help patrick but that was exatly what I'm doing for all the IBL skies on your library.

What I meant here is that most people would appreciate if that would be done already when downloading those preset IBLs.

I hope you understand it's not because I'm not grateful, it's only to prevent some user that might be disappointed on the quality of those skies results.
www.casca.pt
Visit us on facebook!

Win 10 64bit
Sketchup 2017 64bit
Intel i7 5820K 3.3Ghz 32Gb Ram
Nvidia Titan X 12Gb

Return to “Versions & Resources (Studio)”