Upcoming v1.4 Edition - Requirements and Deprecated Features

Development versions, documentation, tutorials and application resources may be found here.

Moderator: patricks

warnotte
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Pixero wrote:
karine wrote: Do we keep an interactive engine that is able to display procedural texture?
+1
Is it what I read ? 1.4 will be unable to render procedural with IR ? Are you sure ? :think:
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

karine wrote:
giannis wrote:...
Deprecated Features
- Progressive AO/MC will not be directly available. Due to the rise of Presto AO/MC, which is the analog of Progressive AO/MC, we decided to remove these engines for better clarity and less maintenance work (although, one will still be able to use them through presets).
Do we keep an interactive engine that is able to display procedural texture?
Yes, Adaptive AMC.
Science may limit knowledge but should never limit imagination - Bertrand Russell
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

man wrote:Will custom fresnel curve be implemented into presto too? :mrgreen: .ooooo. Im really excited with the realese. :lol: .
We have this in mind among with some other pending features as well. In anyway, it won't be available upon 1.4 release though.

Best wishes
Science may limit knowledge but should never limit imagination - Bertrand Russell
lllab
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

great would be optional RGB curves so one could set the curves independent for r,g,b (like from refractiveindex.info page)

Stefan
dbalex
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

makes perfect sense! :thumbup:

Simplify thea to make it stronger!
shanecrozier
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

sounds like a good move. :thumbup: Presto replaces the progressive engines in 90% of cases, and we have BSD and unbiased for the rest...
gargon
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Perfect !!! I really want to work with version 1.4 on mac.
Finally in 64bit.
Thank you very much for your work.
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Something important just added (I actually don't know how I have forgotten this). Here, duplicated as well.
Unsupported Architectures
- NVidia Graphic cards of compute capability 1.x will not be supported anymore due to shifting to CUDA 6.5.
PixelMango
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

giannis wrote:Something important just added (I actually don't know how I have forgotten this). Here, duplicated as well.
Unsupported Architectures
- NVidia Graphic cards of compute capability 1.x will not be supported anymore due to shifting to CUDA 6.5.
What class of cards would that be? I'm still using 2 GTX 580's (3GB each) and they are kicking tail with Presto. Hope they aren't among the unsupported.
nigec
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

I have a crappy Quadro 600 which is 2.1 which still works, if you open the device manager in Studio it does tell you ;)
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
My Gallery

Return to “Versions & Resources (Studio)”