Creation of thea.lib file

Development versions, documentation, tutorials and application resources may be found here.

Moderator: patricks

christina
admin
admin

Dear users,

one of the features of Thea Studio is that let you select some models or materials and create the corresponding Thea Library (thea.lib file), allowing easy installation of the resources by other users. Until now, Thea Render team used this method for creating the libraries found at the Licensed User Club forum threads.
But as the need of libraries creation has been increased from our users that want to share easier their resources in a library format, we decided to give you a small guide on the way these files can be created.

Here are the steps one needs to follow to make a lib.thea (we will create a model library at this example):

* At first you will need to create a folder where all the necessary files the library needs should be added. This folder, for example "MyLib" folder should have within it:
A folder named Models so that the installer will know the type of resources to install and add the new items at Models section. Within Models folder add a folder with the name of the library, "Furniture" for example. Inside the "Furniture" folder add all mod.thea files and their textures.
If you have also the corresponding SketchUp files that you want to add as proxies, add them there as well, with the same name (mod.skp extension).

Apart from the Models folder, inside "MyLib" folder you should have:
A description.txt where you can add the details of your library (the licenses agreement for example)
A info.txt to add the name of your library at first line, the version at the second line and the author at the third line
A preview.png file with a preview image for the library.

So you will now have a folder named "MyLib" that includes the description.txt, the info.txt, the preview.png and the Models folder (which contains the folder "Furniture" that includes all needed models and textures).
lib.jpg
lib.jpg (10.83 KiB) Viewed 952 times

* Then open Thea Studio. Go at File> Save As and select as a format the thea.lib. Give a name for the library. Press ok. A second window now opens that allows you to select the components of the created library. Select the "MyLib" folder.

In this a way a lib.thea will be created. Other users will be able to install the packed models under the Models > Furniture folder and with the inclusion of the corresponding skp files they will have also the proxies previews within SketchUp.

We hope this small guide to help you with the libraries creation.

With kind regards,
Christina
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
allabulle
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Thank you!
Mistro
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Very much appreciated! :thumbup:
i7-8700k @3.7GHz, 32Gb RAM, EVGA NVidia GTX 980Ti 6Gb, 1T M.2 SSD, Windows 10 64bit

Structural Integrity is Not Physical...It's in the Design and Purpose
Bob James
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Thank you, christina
i7-6800K 3.4Ghz, GTX 1080ti 11GB, 32GB Crucial DDR4-2400 ECC, OCZ Vertex 4 1TB, WD Black 3TB, 32TB NAS, 4x Dell 27" Monitors, SpaceMouse Pro
Never underestimate the intelligence of your audience nor overestimate your own - Bob James
JQL
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

I had missed this one. Thanks Christina!
www.casca.pt
Visit us on facebook!

Win 10 64bit
Sketchup 2017 64bit
Intel i7 5820K 3.3Ghz 32Gb Ram
Nvidia Titan X 12Gb
gwengosch
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Thanks a lot.
One question.

If my maps folder is not in the same folder as the 3d models. (Not in .../model but in .../model/maps )
Will it works if i follow exaclty yours instructions or do i need to readress the maps?

Edit : Ok thea readress hitself the maps if the .mod and the textures are in the same folder
Gwenael Gosch
La fabrique à plans
http://www.lafabriqueaplans.fr
Facebook
Mistro
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Does the license text file play by different rules than info and description? I keep getting a blank license area.
i7-8700k @3.7GHz, 32Gb RAM, EVGA NVidia GTX 980Ti 6Gb, 1T M.2 SSD, Windows 10 64bit

Structural Integrity is Not Physical...It's in the Design and Purpose
Rombout

I want to add that the image needs to 400x300px for the preview. You can also add additional fodler with extra materials, textures etc.

Return to “Versions & Resources (Studio)”