New Downloads Page - Beta Phase

Development versions, documentation, tutorials and application resources may be found here.

Moderator: patricks

christina
admin
admin

:arrow: Auto Complete is now enabled at the form (while automatically added data are still checked if they are valid or not).
So you can double click to the form and allow browser saved data to be filled (name, email) automatically.
Less writing ;)
Please send me your feedback if you find any issues to check it out..
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
duanekemp
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

I like the work on this. It's clear, the double clicking is helpful the second time around. But, as has already been mentioned prior to my comment here, it would be nice to be able to select Studio AND 4SU with one "EULA Terms of Use" download than having to revisit the same page.

Nice job.
Thanks
SketchUp & Thea Render are my tools
What else is there to know? :-)

Thea Render Facebook Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/shadenlightusersgroup/

https://duanekemp.artstation.com/ - https://www.facebook.com/Kemp.Productions
christina
admin
admin

Thank you for the feedback! The Thea for SketchUp button actually downloads the bundle so studio is included to downloaded file.. There is no need to download it separately.. The same happens for the rest plugins.. So additional download should be done for extra plugin only. It's among our plans though to make multi select or a bundle of all plugins available :)
eph
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Looks good, but my family name (D'Hooghe) is not allowed..
I also agree with the multi-download (per platform), and the fact that it isn't clear whether the studio is bundled.. :)
Work: iMac Intel i7 3.4 GHz (8GB RAM), AMD Radeon HD 6970M (2GB RAM), OS X 10.9.5 (FR)
Home: Dell Intel i7 3.6 GHz (16GB RAM), GeForce GTX 750 Ti (4GB RAM), Windows 8.1 64bit (EN)
christina
admin
admin

Thank you all for the feedback once again.
- I have added tooltips now, when hovering the products so you can see when Thea Studio is also included to the selected one. Note that at the bottom you can see also the version of each product and once Bundle is mentioned, Studio is included.
But with tooltips, now, it looks better I guess :)

- I will try to include also more special characters to the names so that D'Ho.. for example to be allowed.

- For multiple downloads, as many browsers may not allow many downloaded files on one click, a zip needs to be prepared first to be downloaded (resulting in some delaying..). So, optimizing this for finding the best way to handle multiple downloads, is among our to-do list.
ThomasHelzle
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

As for multiple downloads: Maybe you can simply show a list with links in that case?
Direct download if only on is selected and a list with links if multiple? I think I saw something like that with some companies. Or they send you a mail with all the links (which would also serve to verify the mail address).

I would also give the "Material Converter" either a different name or a tooltip that makes it clear what it converts, like "Allegorithmic Substance to Thea" or something like that.
Same with Colimo, not sure how to describe it so short though, "Realtime Re-texturing Tool" ?

Cheers,

Tom
Rombout

Looks great, perhaps you should make the hover menu less transparent. Transparency is nice bit it's exactly over the button above and with a much smaller font making it a bit harder to read.

PS the version you download for blender is not the current one? is that on purpose or is this again due to official release revision?
christina
admin
admin

Thanks for the feedback Rombout; I changed the background color and also the position of the tool-tip and I guess visibility is better now..

Return to “Versions & Resources (Studio)”