Thea FBX Converter v1.5.08.39.1455 - Beta

Development versions, documentation, tutorials and application resources may be found here.

Moderator: patricks

Anthony
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

No I should apologize. My comment was meant as a general remark really.

I just wanted to point out that your feedback is exactly the push needed to evolve the converter. Manolis has done an excellent job and has been working extremely hard on the task.

I am more than confident that the constant evolution cycle of this product will end up providing a really stable and efficient tool.

Only a matter of time and effort.
“ No man ever made a great discovery without the exercise of the imagination. ”
— George Henry Lewes
allabulle
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

I for once will congratulate both apologizers. Your input provided meaningful information to the rest and, on top of that, civility and determination towards improvement. So there, keep on doing it. :-)

Oh, and add alembic already! :-D
Anthony
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

We only have minor Alembic support through FBX SDK for the moment. Full support of Alembic requires utilizing the native Alembic SDK.

This will happen but it will done right, no half measures.
— George Henry Lewes
allabulle
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Good to know. Thanks!

I was half joking about the Alembic "urgency" and wasn't really expecting a clear answer, hence the tone. But very nice to know it's in the works or at least in the to-do list. Much appreciated. And yes, this things are better done right than half implemented with all the problems and limitations that carry a not fully functional implementation, I agree. Thanks again.
JQL
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Anthony wrote: I am more than confident that the constant evolution cycle of this product will end up providing a really stable and efficient tool.
It seems I'm counting on more from you than from autodesk itself. When I converted into FBX converter from autodesk for an obj it displayed the same results as yours.
www.casca.pt
Visit us on facebook!

Win 10 64bit
Sketchup 2017 64bit
Intel i7 5820K 3.3Ghz 32Gb Ram
Nvidia Titan X 12Gb
JQL
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

I have a feature request:

Option to convert to the same folder where the Original FBX is located. Also on multiple files.

Thanks!
www.casca.pt
Visit us on facebook!

Win 10 64bit
Sketchup 2017 64bit
Intel i7 5820K 3.3Ghz 32Gb Ram
Nvidia Titan X 12Gb
ThomasHelzle
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

JQL wrote:I have a feature request:

Option to convert to the same folder where the Original FBX is located. Also on multiple files.

Thanks!
Make that the default actually... ;-)

Together with drag-and-drop of files on the interface and the ability to drop files on the application icon, which also would allow to assign the converter to FBX files as default and send files to it by doubleclicking them in explorer. This would make for a 200% better workflow.

At least if the conversion works at all - and Autodesk will probably never fix their crap... :roll:

Cheers,

Tom
Anthony
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

From discussion with Manolis.

Conversion to same folder - Done
Conversion to same folder for multiple files - Done
Drag and Drop - Done

He is working on the update and hope to have a post for you as soon as humanly possible.

@Tom: The goal here is to create an efficient and usable tool that allows your workflow to work right. If it does not fit the bill, we will review our options and move to the next best weapon to use from the arsenal.
— George Henry Lewes
ThomasHelzle
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

:thumbup:
manolis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Hi, the original post has been updated with a new version.

A small correction to Anthony's post above, output path is set to input directory but not for multiple files. There will be further improvements for the user interface but as the goal is to eventually integrate the fbx importer with Studio the focus is mostly on the core functionality.

Return to “Versions & Resources (Studio)”