Thea FBX Converter v1.5.08.39.1455 - Beta

Development versions, documentation, tutorials and application resources may be found here.

Moderator: patricks

nigec
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

the camera and lights still aren't importing correctly from Daz, if you try the Genesis 2 tut character the camera is at the wrong side and to close the lights have no effect
Untitled.png
The character always goes to the T pose no idea why yet
The textures appear black in the viewport, you literally have to select the material, then the texture layer, right click on "texture" button of the diffuse texture, then you see the texture
The attachment Untitled.png is no longer available
Its showing animation tags but no animation exports
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
My Gallery
nigec
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

dae come in huge and are flipped, laid on the ground
My Gallery
ThomasHelzle
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Much better now!
Cameras from Houdini are no longer broken - I have to do more tests to see how accurate they are.

Thanks and cheers!

P.S. I understand the "don't spend too much time on the GUI" thing, but this could become a batch converter in the future and so still serve a purpose even when FBX is integrated in Thea itself. And people can use this NOW, so IMO it's time well spent.
JQL
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

My imports have accurate geometry, thanks Manolis!
www.casca.pt
Visit us on facebook!

Win 10 64bit
Sketchup 2017 64bit
Intel i7 5820K 3.3Ghz 32Gb Ram
Nvidia Titan X 12Gb
manolis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Hi everyone,

The original post has been updated with links for the MacOS X and Linux versions.
nigec wrote:the camera and lights still aren't importing correctly from Daz, if you try the Genesis 2 tut character the camera is at the wrong side and to close the lights have no effect
Untitled2.png
The character always goes to the T pose no idea why yet
The textures appear black in the viewport, you literally have to select the material, then the texture layer, right click on "texture" button of the diffuse texture, then you see the texture
[...]
Its showing animation tags but no animation exports
Thanks for the additional feedback nigec. The most important issues as reported were addressed, there is still work to be done. For this scene though (and others similar) the T-pose is imported because the original pose is based on the model's skeleton which is something beyond the scope of the [1.5] tool. Not seeing an animation should be connected to that, there are animation tracks connected to the nodes of the model but the actual data remains the same. Regarding the camera, it should be in this position (pic).
nigec
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

I think the camera looks off because the pose has reset

The good new is... I tried the Victoria 4 old age textures and the displacement and bump maps imported fine... the Glossy layer that seems way to glossy though, it looks ok with Presto default and no lights but stick an environment in there and she looks kinda greasy
I'd also set the tracing depth higher as the eyes look black

keep up the good work :)
Attachments
greasy.png
greasy.png (237.77 KiB) Viewed 383 times
My Gallery
gwengosch
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Nothing seems to need the files convert in .mod instead of .scn?
It will be very usefull for converting big librairie (archmodel for example)
Gwenael Gosch
La fabrique à plans
http://www.lafabriqueaplans.fr
Facebook
dbalex
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

gwengosch wrote:Nothing seems to need the files convert in .mod instead of .scn?
It will be very usefull for converting big librairie (archmodel for example)
+1 on this and also simple layers for materials
Bob James
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

gwengosch wrote:Nothing seems to need the files convert in .mod instead of .scn?
I have no idea what this means. Can someone translate it for better understanding?
i7-6800K 3.4Ghz, GTX 1080ti 11GB, 32GB Crucial DDR4-2400 ECC, OCZ Vertex 4 1TB, WD Black 3TB, 32TB NAS, 4x Dell 27" Monitors, SpaceMouse Pro
Never underestimate the intelligence of your audience nor overestimate your own - Bob James
Anthony
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Bob it means that it could generate a .mod.thea file which is basically a proxy encapsulation format. So instead of creating a scn.thea scene file which you would then need to open in Studio and proxify into a .mod.thea file, the idea is to have a one click process that churns out a ready to use proxy file.
“ No man ever made a great discovery without the exercise of the imagination. ”
— George Henry Lewes

Return to “Versions & Resources (Studio)”