Jewelry Metals Library

Development versions, documentation, tutorials and application resources may be found here.

Moderator: patricks

patricks
Thea Technical Artist
Thea Technical Artist

Dear friends,

our jewelry Metals Material Library is now available! A set of 24 high quality jewelry metals each one with 50 Surface Finishes divided in 9 categories to dress your models. During installation, a new sub folder called "Jewelry Metals" is created under Material data folder.

The library can be installed and used within Thea Render context [Copyright (C) - Solid Iris Technologies].

How to install the library
1. Go to our forum page that contains the library download links: http://www.thearender.com/forum/viewtop ... 111&t=7011
2. The above requires that you are a member of the licensed user club (if not, please send us an e-mail with your forum nickname along with your order id or reseller info).
3. Download the library somewhere on your hard disk (please, be patient, since thes libraries are not small!)
4. You can launch Thea Studio and open the downloaded file (on Windows, you can more easily double click on the file from the explorer).
5. You have to agree on the license agreement before going on (which is the same updated licensed agreement as for Thea Render itself).
6. Then click on the check button and the necessary files will be copied to your Materials data folder (you can also change this default location).
7. Congratulations, now you have the library installed!

Important: library installation requires Thea revision 610 or above.

best wishes

You can see below a render showing some of the jewelry metals and finishes of the material library.
Jewelry_Metals_01.jpg
" Poets say science takes away from the beauty of the stars - mere globs of gas atoms.
I too, can see the stars on a desert night, and feel them. But do I see less or more ? "

Richard P. Feynman
Hieru
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

These are going to come in really handy.

You've been killing it lately with these new material libraries. Are there any new wood materials on the cards?
ThomasHelzle
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Patrick, you are pushing Thea to completely new heights with your awesome material libraries!
Thank you very much. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap:

Would it be possible to at one point revisit the standard materials that come with Thea as well?
Some of them are outdated feature and/or quality-wise and they look much nicer if the thumbnails are re-rendered with the unbiased room (I usually do that myself with the batch function). Since they are what most people get as first impression before they download more, it would also be great to add at least some of the recent more fancy materials as "tasters".

Cheers,

Tom
massimo
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Well done! Thanks. :)
allabulle
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Much appreciated, thanks!
jsteacy
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Very cool set! Thank you!
Rombout

You've been busy! well done Sir :clap:
PS thats a big lib file, a lot of textures im guessing.

PS could do a tutorial about SSS with those new materials with the scene like i wanted to share. It was the Nefertiti buste. That post got silent a bit...

EDIT
wow you most have been busy with this for quite a while, there are so many materials. This is insane!!!!
D-W
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Patrick this library is insane 1198 variations of jewelery metals ? Great job! I'm shocked how many kinds of this metals is out there :wtf:

Only this pack is almost 1/5 of my entire materials library made and collected over years :wtf:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :clap:
Rombout

hahaha you went counting or did you look at the files. He most have done this with intense patience, i see a certain workflow. A lot of them have same nameing and probably setup. But even then doing all of them is insane.

PS those hammered PNG files a quite big, 50mb :crazy:
duanekemp
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

This is a wonderful addition and much needed. Congratulations.
And... thank you
SketchUp & Thea Render are my tools
What else is there to know? :-)

Thea Render Facebook Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/shadenlightusersgroup/

https://duanekemp.artstation.com/ - https://www.facebook.com/Kemp.Productions

Return to “Versions & Resources (Studio)”