Jewelry Metals Library

Development versions, documentation, tutorials and application resources may be found here.

Moderator: patricks

patricks
Thea Technical Artist
Thea Technical Artist

thanks to everybody for the kind words :)

will try to respond to some of the questions made so far.

@Hieru
wood is on the to do list but I can not give any date when it will be available.

@ThomasHelzle

you are right, a revision of the basic materials that ship with Thea is needed. i will see when i can allocate time for this ;)

@Rombout

i did not forget this ... and there is something already in preparation.

Greetings,
Patrick
" Poets say science takes away from the beauty of the stars - mere globs of gas atoms.
I too, can see the stars on a desert night, and feel them. But do I see less or more ? "

Richard P. Feynman
Rombout

Nice, very curious :think:
ThomasHelzle
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

patricks wrote: @ThomasHelzle

you are right, a revision of the basic materials that ship with Thea is needed. i will see when i can allocate time for this ;)
Patrick
Great - I currently help some people getting into Thea on the Rhino forum and so I'm a bit more aware of the newbie-view on Thea than when I'm on my own. I think even just re-rendering the thumbs of the factory materials with the unbiased room in large size and with high quality would do a lot of good. The current thumbs look "cheap" with the 90ies dark shadow, but even the most simple plastic looks good when rendered with the unbiased room.

Before:
Before.jpg
After:
After.jpg
Cheers,

Tom
D-W
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Rombout wrote:hahaha you went counting or did you look at the files. He most have done this with intense patience, i see a certain workflow. A lot of them have same nameing and probably setup. But even then doing all of them is insane.

PS those hammered PNG files a quite big, 50mb :crazy:
Rombout as you saw i'm rebuilding now whole lib with connecter so i just see number of Thea files in that folder :crazy:

btw. already sorted 10k+ files for materials - so much pain :lol: But i can now quickly find maps or mats which will be good set for start point of any required material instead of diging in google images for proper ones.
Attachments
lib_sort.jpg
Rombout

okay, how can it read the thea files?

What is the use for a external browser actually?
D-W
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Rombout wrote:okay, how can it read the thea files?

What is the use for a external browser actually?
You need to add custom extension *.thea and it will show all files with this extension and have to add manualy add previews.

I find it really gr8 i can see all releated files in folder i was always missing that in Thea browser that i can't see maps and drag and drop them in certain slots. Now i have half of that ability to quickly view maps with materials oh theres right click to open in explorer which is half of success for me. Look in certain case for eg. looking for wool mat / map / model ( model would show if i will look in entire lib not just mat folder ) -> type in wool -> locate -> show imgs. I can also browse subfolders of seleted folder in case this metal lib its super useful original folders remains while i can view only for eg. silver. Check below. User can filter only textures or only models or all at once or for eg. add sbsar ext and add prevs for procedural substances and filter mats textures and substances together.

Besides i'll try to ask them to implement native thea previews for mats and models i dont know if it is possible without sdk or something but always worth try. Connecter shows max files prevs without max installed what is very cool i think.
Attachments
usage_asphalt.jpg
usage_silver.jpg
usage_wool.jpg
Rombout

seems very nice indeed. So it can read thea files. wow thats powerful. Quite baffled that it can handle the .thea files extension. So you can see texture links with a material.

Be able to search is great, what would be great if this was all possible within one app. How the hell did you made all those custom previews for the materials then???
sinesium
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Fantastic work!
Thank you.
D-W
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Rombout wrote:seems very nice indeed. So it can read thea files. wow thats powerful. Quite baffled that it can handle the .thea files extension. So you can see texture links with a material.

Be able to search is great, what would be great if this was all possible within one app. How the hell did you made all those custom previews for the materials then???
Thats easy :) I went to Materials folder and started search for *.mat.thea then i copied them to single temp folder and via studio exported as individual packages. Then unzip with auto rename and picked only _preview files. Next was long and painful drag and drop in main folder with shown files in subfolders with ASC name sort to not mismatch any file.

Bigger problem i have now with substances and models :(
Mohammad Nael

Thanks a lot, very handy and well done materials.
:clap: :clap:

Return to “Versions & Resources (Studio)”