Thea Studio v1.5.08 Revision 1455

Development versions, documentation, tutorials and application resources may be found here.

Moderator: patricks

giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Dear friends,

this is a maintenance update over previous 1.5.07 version, with some important fixes.

Here is the detailed list of changes:
  • Minor addition of missing message handlers for Dirt Map, Absorption and Scatter Density. (I/O)
  • Minor fix accessing weight map in layered material. (I/O)
  • Robust handling of Presto interactive render callback when first device fails. (Presto)
  • Ability to scan and open custom version of Presto driver in v1.5. (Presto)
  • Minor fixes for Presto. (Presto)
  • Option to select between CUDA Toolkit best match, default (6.5) and CUDA 8. (Presto)
  • Added micro roughness support in Glossy and SSS materials. (Materials)
  • Added user mask channel support. (Channels)
  • Fix for far camera clipping plane in Presto conversion. (Presto)
  • Fixed custom seed working with Presto bucket rendering. (Presto)
  • Fix when loading older revision Presto dll. issue #3108 (Presto)
  • Fix when frensel ramp was being on emittance. issue #3120 (Presto)
  • Fix when having emittance assigned to degenerate surface. issue #3113 (All Engines)
  • Partial fix for SSS light leaks in Presto. issue #3090 (Presto)
  • Crash fix when emitter material contains fresnel ramp texture in any material layer. issue #3127 (Presto)
  • Fix for installation performing correct access rights when installed by admin.
The download links for the new version can be found in this licensed user thread:
Go To Downloads

Note, this version supports now officially GTX10XX graphic cards, although the related Presto build is not yet fully optimized for them.
This is why, the version ships with 2 Presto libraries and, by default, Thea will pick automatically the best fit one, depending on your graphic cards.

As always, enjoy rendering!

Best wishes
Science may limit knowledge but should never limit imagination - Bertrand Russell
lotfi
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Thank you!
Lotfi Bernoussi
Landscape designer

https://www.facebook.com/vimage.visualisation

Ce qui est à la portée d’un homme est à la portée d’un autre.
GeForce GTX 960-Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3350P CPU@3.10GHz 8,00 Go de RAM
1920 X 1080, 60 Hz 347.52 Windows 8.1
allabulle
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Nice! Thank you.
Rombout

Great fixes, thats always nice. Is it possible to explain them in more "regular people" language ;) Some of them i dont really understand or what it does.

for example, whats does this mean, "Added user mask channel support. (Channels)". I cant find it and mash id was already there. I dont get whats added then???

Could we have a fesnel ramp which has better and more control. I mean this fresnel ramp doesnt seem todo anything when you use something else then default settings. I would like to use a better working gradient for the fallow, also perhaps on the IOR value.
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Thank you all :)

Yep, I will not argue here, the fixes are rather very quick explanations that even developers may sometime refer to the actual code changes to remind themselves what has changed!
Rombout wrote: for example, whats does this mean, "Added user mask channel support. (Channels)". I cant find it and mash id was already there. I dont get whats added then???
That was something needed for Cinema4D, since the mask channels were being indicated with their sorted number, assigned automatically by Thea. Now, they can be referenced with their original (unsorted) user-defined index.
Rombout wrote: Could we have a fesnel ramp which has better and more control. I mean this fresnel ramp doesnt seem todo anything when you use something else then default settings. I would like to use a better working gradient for the fallow, also perhaps on the IOR value.
First of all, Fresnel ramp needs to be assigned to a component such as Diffuse, Reflectance, Translucent. It will not work on other layers such as Emitter or Layer Weight. The UI, as is, is indeed not that great for editing. I can't do something more for the time being.

Best regards
Science may limit knowledge but should never limit imagination - Bertrand Russell
Rombout

Okay, so its true i dont see any difference then? I mean i could already assign a number or index number to something. I dont see difference in studio with workflow.

But was is fixed then for using fresnel ramp on emitter if icant be used like that?
Having the fresnel ramp work on the layer weight would be great ass well. I saw quite some people who would digg this.
Rombout

Ive got questiona bout saving img.thea file. Was there a option that is saved on rendertime. I think i remember that when thea is rendering and it crashes you could always revert to that temp saved img.thea file. I dont see a option for this and i see the file appear only when render is either done or stopped. When there is a crash there is no imgthea file.
Hieru
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Rombout wrote:I think i remember that when thea is rendering and it crashes you could always revert to that temp saved img.thea file. I dont see a option for this and i see the file appear only when render is either done or stopped. When there is a crash there is no imgthea file.
I still have the option in both Studio and Thea4SU.
Rombout

Hieru wrote:
Rombout wrote:I think i remember that when thea is rendering and it crashes you could always revert to that temp saved img.thea file. I dont see a option for this and i see the file appear only when render is either done or stopped. When there is a crash there is no imgthea file.
I still have the option in both Studio and Thea4SU.
Do you see it beeing saved while rendering? Mine only appear when the thea stops rendering and get deleted on shutdown.
SandroS
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

thanks for this.

hard to tell from the changelog so can i ask if there are any fixes or improvements for the Presto noise issue?

Return to “Versions & Resources (Studio)”