this is a maintenance update over previous 1.5.07 version, with some important fixes.
Here is the detailed list of changes:
- Minor addition of missing message handlers for Dirt Map, Absorption and Scatter Density. (I/O)
- Minor fix accessing weight map in layered material. (I/O)
- Robust handling of Presto interactive render callback when first device fails. (Presto)
- Ability to scan and open custom version of Presto driver in v1.5. (Presto)
- Minor fixes for Presto. (Presto)
- Option to select between CUDA Toolkit best match, default (6.5) and CUDA 8. (Presto)
- Added micro roughness support in Glossy and SSS materials. (Materials)
- Added user mask channel support. (Channels)
- Fix for far camera clipping plane in Presto conversion. (Presto)
- Fixed custom seed working with Presto bucket rendering. (Presto)
- Fix when loading older revision Presto dll. issue #3108 (Presto)
- Fix when frensel ramp was being on emittance. issue #3120 (Presto)
- Fix when having emittance assigned to degenerate surface. issue #3113 (All Engines)
- Partial fix for SSS light leaks in Presto. issue #3090 (Presto)
- Crash fix when emitter material contains fresnel ramp texture in any material layer. issue #3127 (Presto)
- Fix for installation performing correct access rights when installed by admin.
Go To Downloads
Note, this version supports now officially GTX10XX graphic cards, although the related Presto build is not yet fully optimized for them.
This is why, the version ships with 2 Presto libraries and, by default, Thea will pick automatically the best fit one, depending on your graphic cards.
As always, enjoy rendering!