Thea Benchmark Tool v1.5.08.100.1455 - RC

Development versions, documentation, tutorials and application resources may be found here.

Moderator: patricks

panagiotis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Hi everyone,

There is an updated version for the Thea Benchmark tool RC. You can find the links for Windows, Linux and MacOSX only for 64bits architectures.

Links
Windows 64bits
Linux 64bits
MacOSX 64bits

P.S.
1)Thea Presto Supporting GTX10XX
In this version, it detects automatically the dlls for the Nvidia Pascal architecture so you don't have to do anything. It is advisable to have the latest GPU drivers. Note, this version supports now officially GTX10XX graphic cards, although Presto build is not yet fully optimized.

2) Linux support
In case you double click and it does not start then you might missing some libraries. To find out which libraries, run the Benchmark tool in Console.

I tried with Ubuntu 14.04 and some libraries were missing and I needed to do some extra steps.
for the library libtiff.so.3
check this forum link
for the library libjpeg62.so.62
chech this forum link
jymontoya
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Thank you for the updated Thea Benchmark Tool!

It works perfectly on OSX and feels very polished and professional. Nice job!
Mac Pro 2010 - 2 x 3.46 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon
Nvidia GeForce GTX 680
FormZ Thea Plugin
panagiotis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

You are welcome. ;)
ThomasHelzle
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

I agree. This looks good and works great.
I personally would make the images in the GUI larger with less grey border, but well, I guess I'm a visual artist with the typical "déformation professionnelle"... ;-)

Cheers,

Tom
panagiotis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Thanks. ;)

The images are buttons that opens the images with the default image viewer of the operating system.
Rombout

It looks really well build. I got some small design things though :)

Why not use the full logo with its name, and center it in the menu.
Perhaps break the version number into 2 lines or make the GUI a bit wider.
The menu buttons dont show a state, so roll over or click state.
The settings, devices is grayed out from the beginning. They seemed only clickable when i run the tool once.

Did something change in the app, my result is suddenly 200points higher than last try?

PS there is no menu in the system top header, i can only quit the app by pressing the red dot. Command + Q doesnt work therefor.
panagiotis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Thanks Rombout.
I will try the next time to improve the version with some of your comments. MacOSX is new to me, so your comments are guides to me.

"200 points higher" is sure that I have to check this. Did you run the previous times only the benchmark or with some other programs open?
Rombout

No i remember the very first test i had something open and was working on other items. The priority is set to low, so i can still work.

I now left it open and let the window stay focud, my last test with the other rv was also done like this. I only had chrome open this time
panagiotis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Usually in the benchmarks does affect when you have other programs open. If you see my score in this version is lower than the previous times because I had open many programs and virtual pcs. The next time only the benchmark open and not other programs simultaneously open.
Rombout

Yes thats why i closed all apps with the other rv and redid it then. But now doing the same thing shows a improvement of about 200pt. Perhaps due to the engine fixes? But i havent read something about tspeed improvement though and especially not for CPU.

Return to “Versions & Resources (Studio)”