Thea Benchmark Tool v1.5.08.100.1455 - RC

Development versions, documentation, tutorials and application resources may be found here.

Moderator: patricks

_juju_
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

I got my new OriginPC laptop a little over a week ago, the transition with software is happening as I need it mostly. Crazy busy with year-end projects and will probably only get to it over the holidays.

However, I decided to benchmark it to get a feel, except it doesn't progress past the first part. CPU utilization very low and GPU utilization just about non-existent.

I have a similar problem with IndigoBench.

Any ideas?

Machine outline specs:
CPU: Intel i7 7700K (stock)
GPU: nVidia Geforce 1080 (stock) - driver version 388.13
RAM: more than enough
OS drive: m.2 PCIE SSD
Storage: SATA SSD (benchmark tool stored and run from this drive)
Save the Earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.
panagiotis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Could you update drivers?
_juju_
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

panagiotis wrote:Could you update drivers?
the nVidia driver on the machine is from 30 October 2017 (388.13), latest is one version later 30 November 2017 (388.43, busy downloading now), but somehow I doubt this is the problem since the already installed driver is way more recent than the Bench Tool. I'll report back as soon as the download, install, restart and benchmark attempt has been completed.
_juju_
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

I've updated driver to 388.43, restarted, ran bench tool, still isn't progressing past the first part.
panagiotis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Hi _juju_, if you are not able to run the benchmark, are you able to run Thea Studio???
Let's do some check.
Open Thea Studio and go to file>Scenes>Benchmark>Caustings.scn.thea file. Could you render this scene?
then try the second scene which is the second scene in the benchmark. File >Scenes >Benchmark > Instancing.scn.thea. Could you render this scene?
_juju_
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

panagiotis wrote:Hi _juju_, if you are not able to run the benchmark, are you able to run Thea Studio???
Let's do some check.
Open Thea Studio and go to file>Scenes>Benchmark>Caustings.scn.thea file. Could you render this scene?
then try the second scene which is the second scene in the benchmark. File >Scenes >Benchmark > Instancing.scn.thea. Could you render this scene?
Thanks for the input panagiotis.

I still need to install Thea Render on the new machine, hopefully I will get to that within the next couple of days (I will see about it tomorrow, but crazy busy and often out of the office during the day).

I will report back once I've installed and have tried the advice above.
panagiotis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

you are welcome _juju_, If the Thea Studio is not working you better look at this topic... I am inspecting that this might be the problem (watchdog). But this is a wild guess.

Return to “Versions & Resources (Studio)”