How do you...?

Development versions, documentation, tutorials and application resources may be found here.

Moderator: patricks

Solo
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Yes, that could work...or I could get stronger glasses. :mrgreen:
pckmark
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

hmmm .... i am not sure what you mean with full screen for the dark room .... it work exactly like you say, double clicking the darkroom window will expand it to full screen and double clicking again will restore it
My english is a bit backwards, so i place words wrong very often! I just wanted to tell you how much i appreciated that fullscreen view. Its so handy :D

Great to see this discussion being brought up. Its amazing how much power the interface holds when "judging" a product.
They must find it difficult... Those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority
-G. Massey
Solo
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Thinking about it, would it be possible for the description to popup when you mouse over the preview image?
patricks
Thea Technical Artist
Thea Technical Artist

pckmark wrote:I think i have something to add aswell.

I dont know if this is a bug, but when i click the "texture" button in the new revision, i get no response. It took me a while to notice, since i usually drag a procedural texture from the "content" and start tweaking.

Another thing, would be the relight tab. If you look at the "refresh" "save", and those icons, it looks like the text below the icons almost overlaps eachother. The text is not visible below the keyframe icons either. This is minor offcourse, but i guess it all adds up in the end when everything is as polished as the rest of the UI.

I dont know wether it is linux related, maybe someone on windows or mac can investigate it, but when i move the bars in the viewport, it seems to lagg a bit behind, which seems weird when the viewport is so snappy. Again, minor.

A second material lab? Is that the intention? Its only visible when you click "more settings" but i wonder what use it has? Im not that advanced a user, so i havent figured it out yet :D

The last thing i would like to say is, that if people feel claustrophobic when viewing their rendering image(like me occasionaly), it is very neat to be able to double-click the rendering image, and then having it go into fullview. Really helpfull.

By the way, i like the interface, and i appreciate that you started out with a dark interface, for those of us who suffer from the daily rasterburn :lol:

Best Wishes
-Mark
sorry ... but it seems that in new RV the Texture Button behavior has change again ..... sorry for the first explanation .... now left click opens the Texture Lab too ...

Greetings Patrick
" Poets say science takes away from the beauty of the stars - mere globs of gas atoms.
I too, can see the stars on a desert night, and feel them. But do I see less or more ? "

Richard P. Feynman
imodel
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

what if we could place viewport & darkroom side by side
I don't see the benefit. My scenes are widescreen. Just a few user definable keystroke/mouse input binding parameters would suffice for me ;). Easy toggle would be best I think.

Edit: Keystroke binding would actually be enough. We can always point a mouse button to a key.
Richard

Fletch wrote:
DBK wrote: The last thing for now is the option to delete materials and folders from the Material/Texture browser!

This is of course only possible if accurate metric scale of textures is possible! :(
David... just found this yesterday! Double-Right Click a material in Thea's mat. browser and it deletes! :)

The correct scaling/viewing architectural materials is of course paramount above all other issues.
Thank christ you told us that, I would have thought like every other application in existance it would open them for editing, should be big red sign!
Move your mind and your arse will follow!
Richard

Ok here are a stack of things i find something of an issue with, bear with me that having prepared these this morning and some answers have actually been covered here that aren't in the manual but I'll let them fly anyway - you can filter through!

Most deal with the material editor and some functionalities of dealing with.

Move your mind and your arse will follow!
jc4d
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Keeping the line with Richard suggestion (which he made very nice highlights) and as David (DBK) said in the first page "Less is more".
The key is reduce the amount of "clicks" in every action.
Here is a little workflow that I was expecting in TheaStudio.

Cheers
JC
nigec
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

One thing, there seems to be a problem with that material, it renders dark for some reason, the wood mats where done way back last year so maybe something has changed with the settings

I usually dive in and not use the manual to see how easy it is to get my head around software and I did ok, I can think of other software, years on I just can't figure out the mat editors
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
My Gallery
patricks
Thea Technical Artist
Thea Technical Artist

Hi jc4d

i am not sure if i understand your explanation image ... but Thea works with "Materials" and having a list of materials in the scene editor has its meaning ..... for example , you can have 100 objects in the scene but they only use 10 different materials ..... you will have it much more easy locating the material you want to change then searching on the object list . The reason there is a second Material list in the content panel was just to satisfy sombody who wanted to have the Material thumbnails bigger ...

if you select a object you can double click on a material from the Material browser and it get applied to the selected object ( or even you have selected more then one object )
you can even drag drop a material to any object or to the Material Browser ( for saving it ) ...etc.

Richards explanation image ... well ... it shows that he has a lot of questions which i hopefully we be able to explain him with some easy to follow video tutorials

Greetings Patrick
" Poets say science takes away from the beauty of the stars - mere globs of gas atoms.
I too, can see the stars on a desert night, and feel them. But do I see less or more ? "

Richard P. Feynman

Return to “Versions & Resources (Studio)”