Thea Render Revision 370

Development versions, documentation, tutorials and application resources may be found here.

Moderator: patricks

imodel
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

lock camera rotation
Sorry Rombout, was not a reply to your question. Use "mount camera". I was commenting about a separate issue. The animated camera needs some roll control. ;)
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

imodel wrote:The animated camera needs some roll control. ;)
After making the forthcoming tutorial, we realized that even if specifying the target
for the camera, this is not enough. The camera may still roll to find best position,
but user may need to "lock" the roll position as well. Most probably we are going
to add a few extra options in camera targeting.

best wishes
Science may limit knowledge but should never limit imagination - Bertrand Russell
imodel
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Thanks Giannis.
camara
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Thanks Thea team for a great job! I really happy I bought the software!
Thea is progressing very well! With animation we have another weapon in our belt. As a note, let me just mention that I have a flickering on ubuntu in the viewport when I pan or orbit which complicates the assembly of the animation. I do not have these problems in the windows.
Again, thank you.
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

camara wrote:As a note, let me just mention that I have a flickering on ubuntu in the viewport when I pan or orbit which complicates the assembly of the animation. I do not have these problems in the windows.
This might be due to the driver itself. We have seen some occasional problems with Linux+OpenGL, there was also one issue essentially making Thea "hanging" when drawing big scenes. So far, we haven't found anything "buggy" in the source, and given that win/macosx viewport is functioning well, I have a strong feeling about driver fault.

best wishes
Science may limit knowledge but should never limit imagination - Bertrand Russell
Rombout

some models give a bit of problems. When an group is moved the pivot kind of floats!!! this is really weird, you grab one point and it looks like its getting alive!!!
imodel
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Will we get to play with the next revision this weekend? :D
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

We are still doing some major changes, next revision will be quite a leap ahead.
I see a revision coming out by the end of the week (around Friday 18th).

best wishes
imodel
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Thanks Giannis 8-), appreciate the update.
caronte
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

giannis wrote:...next revision will be quite a leap ahead.
:shock: :o :D ;)

Return to “Versions & Resources (Studio)”