Thea Render Revision 382/383

Development versions, documentation, tutorials and application resources may be found here.

Moderator: patricks

giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Dear friends

in our brand new revision (382), we have included the latest technology advances regarding our material system; that is the custom Fresnel curve and Thin Film material. These two features give the "extra touch" to Thea's material system being one of the most advanced - if not the one :). We will be happy to see your renders incorporating these features.

Besides our material system "touches", a lot of people will find that things have been made easier now in the studio. First of all, many of the preferences and options of the studio are now automatically saved and restored. There is also a Recent/Favorite/Example scenes option that can be accessed from File menu.

Even more, the navigation in the OpenGL viewport is now improved. Orbiting, panning and zooming take into account the center and clicked point in order for the user to move around (much more naturally with respect to scene scale and position). User movement is not dependent now on the selection or the global frame. We believe that you will find the new navigation much better than before. Also, take note that the Alt key can be used directly now for moving in Maya style (Alt+LeftClick: Orbiting, Alt+MiddleClick: Panning, Alt+RightClick: Zooming).

In the display, there are two options to enhance scene contrast out of the box - Contrast and Chroma. Chroma is a special Thea option where image colors become more saturated - this can help creating more vivid renders.

There are some bug fixes, the most important being the ability to save now an unbiased render in HDR/EXR format keeping the whole dynamic range and the fix for the broken feature of saving the alpha channel within a png image.

Finally, I have to say the following; we have invested a lot of time enhancing Thea with a major feature that it will change the workflow inside the studio. But we decided to make more testing before publishing this feature.

As always, the new revision can be found in the usual thread:
http://www.thearender.com/forum/viewtop ... 289#p14289

best regards

Edit: updated to revision 383 with fix for 3ds import and gizmo drawing.
Science may limit knowledge but should never limit imagination - Bertrand Russell
Rombout

wow, great some more testing to do!!!
giannis, wil there be short cut keys or hot-keys added soon.
I think manny people which use the computer a lot will find this very handy
Hikaru
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Great improvements.

I missed the UI navigation from SketchUp when was in Thea. This will be more comfortable, sure.

As always, a big leap ahead, I will try to test new materials with custom fresnel curve soon. And the vivid, probably will be a good point. Contrast, will be sure.

Thanks for the hard work, hardly appreciated.
Raúl Urrea - Bioclimatic Construction Engineer
estudiAR | CGI portfolio
Rombout

well i still prefer postproing in photoshop
seraleklee1
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

I think your software is fantastic and I hope that all efforts are adequately rewarded. Thanks
i9 7920X - Zotac 3070 TI - 32 gb ram
Zacchia
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Switching between solid/hidenline/wireframe... seams to frozen Thea since 382
Windows 7 64 bit, Thea Render, SketchUp Pro
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Updated to RV383 with fix for 3ds import (fixed broken material auto conversion) and gizmo drawing.
Zacchia wrote:Switching between solid/hidenline/wireframe... seams to frozen Thea since 382
Bad luck - I didn't see this earlier.
Science may limit knowledge but should never limit imagination - Bertrand Russell
Zacchia
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Thanks for real fast support!
Windows 7 64 bit, Thea Render, SketchUp Pro
SandroS
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

nice - downloading now. some fantastic new features and fixes Giannis!
giannis wrote:There are some bug fixes, the most important being the ability to save now an unbiased render in HDR/EXR format
excellent
giannis wrote:Finally, I have to say the following; we have invested a lot of time enhancing Thea with a major feature that it will change the workflow inside the studio. But we decided to make more testing before publishing this feature.
looking forward to this!
imodel
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Thank you Giannis and Team Thea. The navigation is now very comfortable and so far I am getting more predictable results with the camera path. Thanks Again.

Return to “Versions & Resources (Studio)”