Thea Render Revision 387

Development versions, documentation, tutorials and application resources may be found here.

Moderator: patricks

giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Dear friends

we have decided to make another intermediate revision available mostly due to a couple bugs
fixed. The most crucial was a crash bug when one was saving and loading img.thea buffer
with previous revision 382/383. The buffers saved with those revisions have a fault that
no revision will be able to handle them. So, it is recommended to move on to new revision 387
in order to restore proper saving of the img.thea buffer.

Even more, another bug was related to 3ds file import; there were some problems in latest
revision 383. Some meshes were imported incorrectly - this was happening with some 3ds
files only. Now, this is fixed.

Of course, we couldn't leave you without any new features added. And our major feature is
also a technology announcement. We have added camera response function support, along
with several functions to select. This way, you can have easy display change of the image
that matches various camera profiles as given by the manufacturers. ;)

Another feature added in post-processing is glare effect. The glare effect does not include
diffraction (at this early implementation aperture/obstacle maps are not used) but it is simple,
nice and fast.

Something not to forget regarding navigation. In several cases, when you are inside a house
interior for example, you want to look around but this is not easy because you always end up
orbiting around distant objects. This situation can now be handled; using the mode control key,
which is the key m by default, you can switch from orbiting around clicked position to
looking around. So, if you are inside an interior, press m and look around by pressing
mouse middle button. Press again m to use a clicked object as your orbiting center.

The new revision 387 can be found in the usual thread:
http://www.thearender.com/forum/viewtop ... =61&t=1849

best wishes
Science may limit knowledge but should never limit imagination - Bertrand Russell
Javadevil
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Wow you keep knocking them out !
Looking forward to playing with the new glare.
Zacchia
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Thanks! Better navigation!
Windows 7 64 bit, Thea Render, SketchUp Pro
Zacchia
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Glare... when using this i see no difference. For what is it?

Anyway i am somehow overwhelmed with the different post-processings. Would be nice if someone post some good setting (for sure for interieur 8-) )
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Zacchia wrote:Glare... when using this i see no difference. For what is it?
It is like Bloom but you can see "rays" instead of a symmetrical radial filter like bloom. Check our camera response announcement - last render has been with glare. In order to show it, the rendered image should have some very bright pixels - this way, their high energy is "diffused" to nearby pixels.

best wishes
Science may limit knowledge but should never limit imagination - Bertrand Russell
Zacchia
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

I see difference when rendering is finished and i refresh image after rendering with or without gare. I see no difference during rendering. Is that correct?
SandroS
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

i should be working not playing :)

thanks!
Javadevil
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Glare works fine here.
Zacchia
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

It seams like the materials i can not choose in viewport because there are no more material icons anymore. Is this wrong or did i hide it somehow?
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Zacchia wrote:I see difference when rendering is finished and i refresh image after rendering with or without gare. I see no difference during rendering. Is that correct?
Yes, since bloom & glare take some CPU resources, they can not be applied during rendering (they won't show up).

Return to “Versions & Resources (Studio)”