Thea Render Revision 415

Development versions, documentation, tutorials and application resources may be found here.

Moderator: patricks

saurus
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

I thought it was virtual reality...but it really is! :)
Thank you.
ciccio
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

AMAZING!!
Thank you.
Modo 501|BLENDER 2.5|Wings 3D|ZBRUSH 4R2|3Dcoat|THEA RENDER|Maxwell 2.5.1|MARMOSET TOOLBAG|
eph
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Are you still doing all the coding yourself, Giannis, or do we need to give some credit to your coding team as well?
Somewhere in the back of our brain we all knew rendering was supposed to be like this.. we just never knew it was actually possible - and so intuitive. Respect, it is truely great!! :)

Now, could this work distributed / networked as well? Hah, to harness the power of my colleagues' workstations! :mrgreen:
Work: iMac Intel i7 3.4 GHz (8GB RAM), AMD Radeon HD 6970M (2GB RAM), OS X 10.9.5 (FR)
Home: Dell Intel i7 3.6 GHz (16GB RAM), GeForce GTX 750 Ti (4GB RAM), Windows 8.1 64bit (EN)
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

eph wrote: Now, could this work distributed / networked as well? Hah, to harness the power of my colleagues' workstations! :mrgreen:
Duncan (javadevil) asked us the same thing right from the beginning. The issue with interactive render is that custom work is needed for nearly any operation - a "differential" update of the scene for each action. Same thing with networking, custom work must be done sending "differential" updates to clients. No need to say that it is what we would like to have (to be on the very top), what you are seeing here is actually our very first IR public release. You can expect this to make usage of both LAN and GPU (LAN is probably easier since all the code exists already), but of course it will take some time*.

best wishes

* It's very probable that walkthrough update using LAN will be implemented very soon (even inside this month along with our network improvements).
Science may limit knowledge but should never limit imagination - Bertrand Russell
Panga
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Giannis...you remind the first generation of game coders. Those who spent so many hours to deliver first video games which makes us eternal fans...You deserve the same respect for your dedication to your work and the passion you put in Kerkythea yesterday, and in Thea Today.

Thanks.
jershaun
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Hi Giannis

I congratulate you on your hard work and the IR Release. It's really well done and appreciated.

If I may, I'd like to suggest some features for the future:

1. While choosing a colour (sliding the mouse) in the colour palette, could the IR viewport update to keep up.

2. It would be nice to be able to set the sample level for animation support so Thea can move onto the next frame automatically.

VrayRT can do both of the above and with 2. above it has the option of using either "time" setting for "sample level" setting which gives constant noise across all frames. Have a look at the "green car" video on this page to see what I mean: http://shop.vray.info/siggraph-2010-cha ... demos.html

Just a thought, thanks.

Keep up the excellent work.
Jershaun
http://www.jershaun.com
Vw2017, C4D17, Vray, TheaRender, Octane Render
Core i7-2600 3.4Ghz
16GB DDR3 1333
500GB & 1TB
GeForce GTX 560 Ti 2GB
Windows 10
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

jershaun wrote: 1. While choosing a colour (sliding the mouse) in the colour palette, could the IR viewport update to keep up.
As it is no (since color lab opens in a new window), but we plan to add color (RGB) sliders under the color picker (within panel).
jershaun wrote: 2. It would be nice to be able to set the sample level for animation support so Thea can move onto the next frame automatically.
Ok, no problem! ;)

greetings
Science may limit knowledge but should never limit imagination - Bertrand Russell
CrisM
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

great work!!
stevenjanssen1
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

When I switch to IR mode and then go to 'Camera Frame', it shows an image of a compass (see attached image)... This also happens if I try to switch the display mode to show wireframe+IR... Everything else works ok! Let me know if you need more info.

Steven
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (131.21 KiB) Viewed 198 times
Rombout

really like IR function....
i have been searching this option in different render apps.
A lot of them seem to start much and much faster than the Thea version.
Is this 'cause the ir function in thea is running on cpu, there are a couple engines which use GL which has a speed of over 20x faster than CPU rendering!

Return to “Versions & Resources (Studio)”