Thea Render Revision 415

Development versions, documentation, tutorials and application resources may be found here.

Moderator: patricks

giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

stevenjanssen1 wrote:When I switch to IR mode and then go to 'Camera Frame', it shows an image of a compass (see attached image)... This also happens if I try to switch the display mode to show wireframe+IR... Everything else works ok! Let me know if you need more info.
hi Steven,

we 've seen this before and attributed it to graphics driver missing update. Is it possible to verify whether you have latest driver installed?

Edit: is it possible to render a power-of-2 resolution, like 512x512 in camera frame, to see whether the compass appears again?

Thanks in advance.
Science may limit knowledge but should never limit imagination - Bertrand Russell
Rombout

I also have that compass showing when i try ir with a big model.

I already tried to update my driver once, i cant seem to update it
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Yes, I believe it is related to non power-of-2 texture support by (older) graphic cards. We will search for a workaround.
Science may limit knowledge but should never limit imagination - Bertrand Russell
stevenjanssen1
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Changing to 512x512 render area doesn't help, still comes up with the compass...
Also, my CPU is working but just the compass is showing... It's weird because it works in "Overlay" mode just fine.

Steven
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

I am actually quite sure that this is a display problem (OpenGL issue). You could save the image to verify that indeed it is rendering. I have seen this on Intel integrated graphic chips - I believe that for ATI/Nvidia this could happen on very old cards.
stevenjanssen1
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Ok, I just tested it out again.. You were right, if I change to 512x512, it works fine (don't know what I did last night). Also, if I save the image, it saves correctly.

I have a 3 year old ATI Mobility Radeon X1450. There are lots of problems with realtime shadows and AntiAliasing not working in Rhino as well. Time to upgrade...

Steven
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

stevenjanssen1 wrote: I have a 3 year old ATI Mobility Radeon X1450.
This is really weird because I have an even older ATI mobility that works without problems! Checking the tech specs for X1450 on ATI site, I can see "Complete feature set also supported in OpenGL® 2.0" where, if I recall correctly, the non-power-of-two extension is introduced.

We will try some workarounds, this should be no reason for upgrade ;)
stinkie
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

giannis wrote:We will try some workarounds, this should be no reason for upgrade ;)
Thanks for that. 8-)
imodel
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Been using IR for a couple days now. How did I get by without it before? ;) Giannis, you and your team rule! Many thanks!

Return to “Versions & Resources (Studio)”