Thea Render Revision 446

Development versions, documentation, tutorials and application resources may be found here.

Moderator: patricks

Javadevil
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

imodel wrote:I vote render region as coolest new feature. To render a high res final in quadrants I assume there is post processing to do? Would be cooler to stay in studio but I am grateful for this as is. Just in time for an important project. :D
+1 render region ROCKS !! It can save many hours of rendering :)
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

imodel wrote:To render a high res final in quadrants I assume there is post processing to do?
I believe that stitching is all you have to do. We will add this option as well.
Science may limit knowledge but should never limit imagination - Bertrand Russell
Gaieus
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Yes, region rendering is very important, especially for users (still) with 32 bit OS (and therefore less memory allocated to applications). This way, theoretically we tripled the export size (well, actually it is 9x megapixel-wise). Now let me see if my image editor can handle a 15000x15000 pixel image!
:D
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0 GHz | 4 (3.4) Gb RAM | nVidia GeForce 9600 GT (1 Gb)
Windows XP Home 32 bit | Latest SketchUp - or even later :roll: | Latest (public) Thea
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Gaieus wrote:This way, theoretically we tripled the export size (well, actually it is 9x megapixel-wise).
This is parametric, you can break the image in as many parts as you like. Currently, rendering by parts can be done only manually though.
Science may limit knowledge but should never limit imagination - Bertrand Russell
imodel
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

I believe that stitching is all you have to do. We will add this option as well.
Thanks Giannis! I thought you might. :D
Gaieus
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

giannis wrote:This is parametric, you can break the image in as many parts as you like.
There is just those 3x3 grid options in the render window however - or have I missed something?
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0 GHz | 4 (3.4) Gb RAM | nVidia GeForce 9600 GT (1 Gb)
Windows XP Home 32 bit | Latest SketchUp - or even later :roll: | Latest (public) Thea
imodel
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

3x3 grid, where is this? Render region is third option under start render. Checkbox to activate.
Gaieus
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Well, this is what I get there (maybe it's the SU2Thea exporter's "rule of thirds"?)

(For God's sake, why cannot we upload images in certain areas of the forums?)
:(
imodel
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Oh, I see now. Great! Can input your own parameters too! That's better than coordinates.
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

imodel wrote:Oh, I see now. Great! Can input your own parameters too! That's better than coordinates.
Exactly!

It says there "Part (1,1):(3,3)", etc. This can be taken as an example, i.e. render top-left part of a 3x3 grid. You could change this to "Part (1,1):(4,4)", etc. (it is editable) which would mean render top-left part of a 4x4 grid. The good thing with this alternative, is that you leave Thea compute automatically the region on whatever resolution you change the camera.

Render by parts could be accomplished currently with a small script that changes the part for the camera, renders and saves image part. I won't go into details, since we are going to take care of this soon.

best wishes

Return to “Versions & Resources (Studio)”