Thea Render Revision 446

Development versions, documentation, tutorials and application resources may be found here.

Moderator: patricks

Rombout

aha... so the engine works faster if it needs to work on smaller areas...
This looks like the vray engine when its clearing the image.
You see this thingy moving across the screen clearing the image while its rendering.

But when using tr1 or tr2 you really need to wait for the grain/noise to clear or else you get a weird image with spots allover the image!!! im i right??
Lobster
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Good revision!

Congrats.
imodel
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

It can save many hours of rendering
Please explain Duncan. I see how we can do more with the hardware we have. Would like to know how we can save time too? Thanks!
Javadevil
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

imodel wrote:
It can save many hours of rendering
Please explain Duncan. I see how we can do more with the hardware we have. Would like to know how we can save time too? Thanks!
Theres times when I've rendered the final frame and there's a vase or books or something and client tells me they don't like the colour or shape or whatever.
Now for me to render the entire frame is going to take time, to render just the region where the books or vase is a hell of lot quicker :)

cheers
Rombout

That's clever! So its best to save that *.img file so you can load that back in and easily make your section render
Javadevil
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Rombout wrote:That's clever! So its best to save that *.img file so you can load that back in and easily make your section render
You don't have to load the *.img file.
Just make sure that you have the same darkroom settings so when you bring your region into photoshop it matches. I normally make the region a bit bigger and feather the edges a little for a seemless blend.

cheers
Rombout

oke... perhaps we need a settings export option. I make screen shots now every time i change something for a different shot
EscapeArtist
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Wonderful. Region render has been something I have wished for repeatedly when fine tuning a small area in a scene. Thank you!
Thea + Colimo
Gaieus
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

giannis wrote:You could change this to "Part (1,1):(4,4)", etc. (it is editable) which would mean render top-left part of a 4x4 grid.
Oh cool, I did not notice that (yet).
:)
Javadevil wrote:Theres times when I've rendered the final frame and there's a vase or books or something and client tells me they don't like the colour or shape or whatever.
Now for me to render the entire frame is going to take time, to render just the region where the books or vase is a hell of lot quicker :)
[...]
Just make sure that you have the same darkroom settings so when you bring your region into photoshop it matches. I normally make the region a bit bigger and feather the edges a little for a seemless blend.
I did not even think about this aspect yet. Even better and I like this feature more and more now!

(I also had occasions when only a little piece of my image was screwed up).
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0 GHz | 4 (3.4) Gb RAM | nVidia GeForce 9600 GT (1 Gb)
Windows XP Home 32 bit | Latest SketchUp - or even later :roll: | Latest (public) Thea
imodel
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

to render just the region where the books or vase is a hell of lot quicker
That is clever. Thanks Duncan.

Return to “Versions & Resources (Studio)”