Thea Render Revision 446

Development versions, documentation, tutorials and application resources may be found here.

Moderator: patricks

naudofr

Me too, I didn't think about this possible use of render region. Great. Thanks :)
MrBraun
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Tnx Giannis!! I have lost this post! :oops:
Cinema4D R12 Studio - Thea Render - Vray Bridge ver.1.2 - FinalRender
Moderator www.C4dHotline.it & www.vrayforc4d.com
Personal Blog: www.MrBraun.altervista.org
nektares
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

i find this features of great use, specially the render region feature that i thought was not possible on unbiased engines, will it be possible to render a region without losing the last rendered image in the future? like just adding the "new region" to the existing previous render?
i can´t wait to try that new TR1 solution and ever since y tried unbiased i forgot about bsd settings, but that AO feature sounds great for post pro, i feel very happy to be a thea user this gets better every time! thanks!
http://www.estereovisual.com
EstereoVisual - Visualización Virtual
Intel double Xeon E5-2640v3 @2.6 Ghz / 64 Gb RAM DDR5 / Nvidia RTX2060 6GB GDDR6
Dangeresque92
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

I just ran the install for 446 and activated my shiny new license, and all I'm seeing is TR1 and TR2, no TR1+. Is there anything I need to do to bring the new modes in?
Intel i7 940, 16gb DDR3 RAM, GeForce 470, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Google Sketchup 8/Rhino + Thea Render
Javadevil
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Dangeresque92 wrote:I just ran the install for 446 and activated my shiny new license, and all I'm seeing is TR1 and TR2, no TR1+. Is there anything I need to do to bring the new modes in?
TR1+ and TR2+ are no longer called TR1+ and TR2+. They are TR1 and TR2.
Dangeresque92
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Ok, I was hoping that was all it was. Thanks for the quick response!
Intel i7 940, 16gb DDR3 RAM, GeForce 470, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Google Sketchup 8/Rhino + Thea Render
Frankych
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Javadevil wrote: Just make sure that you have the same darkroom settings so when you bring your region into photoshop it matches...
Hi Duncan,
this brings me back to the following post, http://www.thearender.com/forum/viewtop ... =19&t=4400

Cheers
Francois
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

nektares wrote:i find this features of great use, specially the render region feature that i thought was not possible on unbiased engines, will it be possible to render a region without losing the last rendered image in the future? like just adding the "new region" to the existing previous render?
i can´t wait to try that new TR1 solution and ever since y tried unbiased i forgot about bsd settings, but that AO feature sounds great for post pro, i feel very happy to be a thea user this gets better every time! thanks!
yes! We will add the render region option within "current image". Although, first priority is the render region direclty from the OpenGL viewport.

About TR1+ that was a preset accidentally kept, it was used internally comparing previous and new TR1 technique. The new enhanced version is just TR1 now replacing previous method.

Best wishes
Science may limit knowledge but should never limit imagination - Bertrand Russell
Panga
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Giannis,

I had a question about the Opengl Viewport as you're speaking about it. I'm frequently working on large models, which are sometimes relatively high poly models, and I encountered some reccurent troubles :
1. First, when I zoom out to see the whole model, the model tends to disapear, whatever the display mode I choose (wireframe, solid, etc...)

2. For the majority of my large models, high poly or not, the Opengl viewport is slow to very slow, and I wanted to know if it's a limitation of those dev revisions of Thea and if the performance of Opengl viewport'll be improved in the future.

3. In large models again, when I zoom out and I want to move a camera from its pivot, sometimes I move the camera pivot, and sometimes I move the pivot of the camera target, and It's hard to see where I have to click in order to get the right pivot. I can zoom in to see the difference, but then I cannot see anymore my model, and as Thea is slow in displaying large models, it's a bit annoying...don't Know if something can be done for that.

Some observations I wanted to make for a long time. Thanks anyway for your hard work on Thea developpement.

Ps : My configuration : Win7 64 bits, 8 gb ram, CPU QX9650 3ghz, 2 NVIDIA Geforce 8800 GTS512Mo. in SLI with up to date drivers.

Regards.

Panga.
nektares
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

giannis wrote:yes! We will add the render region option within "current image". Although, first priority is the render region direclty from the OpenGL viewport.About TR1+ that was a preset accidentally kept, it was used internally comparing previous and new TR1 technique. The new enhanced version is just TR1 now replacing previous method.
Cool! that render region from Open GL sounds great too!
I´m glad we got the best TR1 now, thanks!
http://www.estereovisual.com
EstereoVisual - Visualización Virtual
Intel double Xeon E5-2640v3 @2.6 Ghz / 64 Gb RAM DDR5 / Nvidia RTX2060 6GB GDDR6

Return to “Versions & Resources (Studio)”