Thea Render Revision 451/452/453

Development versions, documentation, tutorials and application resources may be found here.

Moderator: patricks

giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Dear friends,

in this revision, you will mostly find some fixes regarding animation setup. The rotation interpolation scheme has been replaced with a new one that is much more consistent when interpolating key frames. In addition to that, you can now click and drag the key frames (from the small handles on the top of the lines) having more control on the setup.

There are also some network rendering improvements. Some bug fixes where a client was continuing to contribute. Also, in the client configuration, the user can now specify a range of IP addresses where the server might be located. Even more, the server address (and range) can now be left completely blank and the client will automatically look for a server (in LAN) to get a render task. In fact, this is the recommended approach and your clients can start working immediately after installation without any setup at all. ;)

Apart from the above, there were some small improvements regarding the inputs in the license form and a fix for IES lights that were being "clamped" too soon with respect to viewing angle.

Edit: updated to revision 452 with needed fix for opening IES file and various fixes related to photon mapping (improving consistency and removing black "dots" with BSD engine).

Edit: updated to revision 453 with fix for opening IES File in point lights and auto detection of server in network rendering. There is also an improvement for Viewport fixing problem with distant objects becoming invisible by automatically setting up depth range.

As always, you can find the download links in the following thread:
http://www.thearender.com/forum/viewtop ... =61&t=1849

best wishes
Science may limit knowledge but should never limit imagination - Bertrand Russell
warnotte
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Coool, thanks you. I'm impatient to try it about rotation ^^
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

After seeing your last animation, I am impatient too... 8-)
Science may limit knowledge but should never limit imagination - Bertrand Russell
warnotte
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

I can say that I tested my eolian scene that wasn't rotating correctly before.

Now it seems to work perfectly. Goog job !

I'm still thinking about that eolian field animation...

edit : Move keyframe is a really cool option to tune animation....
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

wax wrote:I can say that I tested my eolian scene that wasn't rotating correctly before.
It was one of our most used test scenes. :)
massimo
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Thanks for the new revision! Hmmm...Missed something or the loading IES files doesn't work? :)
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

You mean when selecting them from UI? or from an older file?
massimo
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

I mean from UI. When I click the IES folder icon in order to browse a file, I get a pop up panel wich has only bitmaps extensions allowed. And if I try "all files" and pick an IES file nothing is loaded.
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

I really wonder how I missed that.... will fix it before posting revision on site.

Thank you!
Panga
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Thanks for the update, really want to see animation updates !!

Regards.

Return to “Versions & Resources (Studio)”