Thea Render Revision 465

Development versions, documentation, tutorials and application resources may be found here.

Moderator: patricks

Rombout

what can we do with the function opening *.xml files in the mat & texture preview?
i dont really get it i think
Rombout

what's the repaintable option???

never seen it and look squite new!
notareal
Thea Support
Thea Support

repaintable ...something to be revealed later. ;)
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

noro wrote::evil: :evil: :evil: 14 KB/s :evil: :evil: :evil:
Hmm... perhaps, it makes sense to have the resources package separate from the executables?
We do this often in beta testing, since the resources do not change that often [so, it's like
getting a patch with the changes]. I am not sure if we can do it at the moment, but thinking
about it.
Science may limit knowledge but should never limit imagination - Bertrand Russell
ThomasHelzle
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

I still seem to get visible polygons/broken smoothing with anisotropy with this build, 64 Bit, Win 7 64.

I'm using the stainless steel preset from the metals folder on a rather rounded surface.
I hunted this down all evening and it only vanishes if I turn off Anisotropy.

See the attachement for an example.

Cheers!

Thomas
notareal
Thea Support
Thea Support

ThomasHelzle wrote:I still seem to get visible polygons/broken smoothing with anisotropy with this build, 64 Bit, Win 7 64.

I'm using the stainless steel preset from the metals folder on a rather rounded surface.
I hunted this down all evening and it only vanishes if I turn off Anisotropy.

See the attachement for an example.

Cheers!

Thomas
I believe this is fixed already in a internal build, so fix is available in next public RV.
ThomasHelzle
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Good to hear! :-)

Thank you notareal
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Yes, sorry for that... :oops:

On the way of fixing anisotropy on flat surface, we broke something on smooth ones.
Just wanted to let you know that the internal build is fully consistent now and
performing better than any previous build.

RC3 is on the way, even a bit delayed.

best wishes
Science may limit knowledge but should never limit imagination - Bertrand Russell
ThomasHelzle
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Ioannis, thanks a lot for the feedback.
I'm a programmer myself so I 100% understand how such things can go wrong sometimes ;-)
Your dedication and good feedback and support makes up for any small flaw that may exist.

I do 3D for 15 years professionally now and believe it or not, I don't think I had so much fun with a renderer EVER (and I really tried most of them). You have a fantastic product and can be very very VERY proud.
Since I downloaded the demo and soon after bought the full version some days ago I sit here and re-render older projects ... drooling over the beautiful and fast results, the clever features, the ease of use and how fast it is to work with and learn.

Congratulations and best wishes for the release!

Thomas Helzle
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Thank you for your nice words... :oops:
ThomasHelzle wrote:I'm a programmer myself so I 100% understand how such things can go wrong sometimes
I have suggested already in some e-mails, that there must a new Murphy's law:
The moment you announce a release date, there is lot more interest and some new bugs kicking in that make impossible to keep the date.

Anyway, release or not, updates are/will be coming out regularly. For RC3, we made some very substancial improvements,
each one of them could have been a release candidate on its own!
1. Anisotropy is now better than ever, fully consistent.
2. Displacement mapping is even more robust; we found and fixed cases with disappearing polygons due to bad normal input.
3. Bump mapping is (finally) working and it is working perfectly! Both in visual terms and noise terms (no fireflies anymore!).
4. Lights, sun-sky and display of Thea has been "recalibrated" according to luminance analysis, so as to yield 100% correct scale results for the lighting engineer.
5. Glasses/mirrors are traced (a little) better in unbiased engines.

So, now you know what is taking so long for RC3 to come out. 8-)

best wishes

Return to “Versions & Resources (Studio)”