Thea Render Revision 470

Development versions, documentation, tutorials and application resources may be found here.

Moderator: patricks

Rombout

pretty weird cause 2/3 revisions ago there where no problems at all.
Frankych
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

For me it's always been present since I first mentioned it...
I guess it's one of those things ;-)
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

I am totally confused here... :roll:

Could it be that the file has been edited and not saved in UTF-8 format? Just throwing
an idea here, because Thea expects all ascii files to be in that format. But then again
if it is pure English, I don't think there will be any problem...

If the problem is indexed-based, then I should be able to get the same error once
I use the same index file, no? By the way, I only tested on Tiger and Snow Leopard,
but not Leopard.

best wishes
Science may limit knowledge but should never limit imagination - Bertrand Russell
Frankych
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Hi Ioannis,
text file is in plain English, so no worries here, and I'm on 10.6.6.

As a reminder the problem started with rev460 (http://www.thearender.com/forum/viewtop ... 5&start=10), but I think this will remain a mystery, as only a few people have experienced it.
For me it's a constant, every new revision since 460 brings it back, until I edit the index file.

No need to waste resources on this for now.

Cheers
Francois
Rombout

Im using snow leopard as well, 10.6.6
It really isnt that bad for me cause i really never use direct preview. I dont like that preview cause doenst give the actual resembling of the mat. But perhaps people who render a lot in bsd it has it effect. Think its for that kind of use isnt it. Perhaps i just need to dump ktnot cause i never really use them either.
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

I think I know what's going on... on RV460 there was a change to support material rooms
that have names with a space. It is very probable now that the reading the line from
the index.txt file causes a problem on Linux/MacOSX if the file has been edited on Windows.
Science may limit knowledge but should never limit imagination - Bertrand Russell
Frankych
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

OK, but where does that blue/yellow checker come from? :angel:
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Frankych wrote:OK, but where does that blue/yellow checker come from? :angel:
Don't worry, this is an internally described scene, in the case that no scene could be loaded from the disc. :oops:
Frankych
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Hi Ioannis,
just for your information, the bug is still present in 472 ;-)
For some reason, with each new installation, Thea seems to be replacing the "index.txt" file located in library>application support>thea render>scenes>materialeditor.
For me it's just a matter of editing the file and then everything's fine.

Cheers
Francois
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Frankych wrote:For some reason, with each new installation, Thea seems to be replacing the "index.txt" file located in library>application support>thea render>scenes>materialeditor.
Yes, everything gets replaced by the new revision. This smells like an easy fix though ;)

Return to “Versions & Resources (Studio)”