Thea Render Revision 481

Development versions, documentation, tutorials and application resources may be found here.

Moderator: patricks

Rombout

Pitty though this version is less stable. I just wrecked to scenes where I had putten a lot of effort into.

While saving it crashed, also loading maps into ibl kept crashing thea. It also seems thea is slower when rendering!?
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Sorry, I misunderstood... that's another story from the change that was made :oops:
Frankych wrote:I'll try to setup a case study file to demonstrate my problem later on today.
If you can give us a small testing scene, we will know better what to optimize and improve. Indeed global scaling
should affect the whole texture, regardless of its ratio.
Science may limit knowledge but should never limit imagination - Bertrand Russell
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Rombout wrote:Pitty though this version is less stable. I just wrecked to scenes where I had putten a lot of effort into.

While saving it crashed, also loading maps into ibl kept crashing thea. It also seems thea is slower when rendering!?
Was it rendering in the meantime? There's a known issue with a crash while saving, but there is nothing that makes this
version less stable or slower. If you can show this with a comparison with previous revision(s) then we can take a look.
Science may limit knowledge but should never limit imagination - Bertrand Russell
Rombout

I cabt show it, I need to rebuild the scene again. Tr1 and tr2 seems to be slower.
naudofr
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

IBL + sun : great :clap:
massimo
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

The new features are really great! :thumbup:
Just a little thing: there is some mess with enable/disable icon of the sun in "scene-->point light" panel and the flag in "content-->properties" panel. I mean you can have a disabled sun in the "scene" panel with an enabled sun in the "properties" panel and vice versa. For example if you enable the sun in the "scene point light" panel with right click-->enable you don't have "enable" checked in the "content properties" panel. This also happens with objects. I can't upload an image so I hope it's understandable. :)
Last edited by massimo on Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frankych
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

giannis wrote:Sorry, I misunderstood... that's another story from the change that was made :oops:
Frankych wrote:I'll try to setup a case study file to demonstrate my problem later on today.
If you can give us a small testing scene, we will know better what to optimize and improve. Indeed global scaling
should affect the whole texture, regardless of its ratio.
Hi Ioannis,
here's where you can find a test scene... http://www.thearender.com/forum/viewtop ... =55&t=5217
Cheers
Francois
eph
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

giannis wrote:Additionally, an important bug on MacOSX reading XML files from SU plugin has been now resolved.
Thanks Giannis, you just made my day!! :D

Still get a lot of "Warning: Can not set parameter Appearance of object xxxx with value FrontFace", but components export and render perfectly!
Work: iMac Intel i7 3.4 GHz (8GB RAM), AMD Radeon HD 6970M (2GB RAM), OS X 10.9.5 (FR)
Home: Dell Intel i7 3.6 GHz (16GB RAM), GeForce GTX 750 Ti (4GB RAM), Windows 8.1 64bit (EN)
SandroS
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Sun/HDRI system is fantastic :D
Maximus3D
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

I haven't tested this latest release yet but one little thing that bugs me and has bugged me since the beta days is the missing duplicate material layer button in the editor. This is a workflow stopper because you have to recreate the same layer with it's settings over and over again in many multilayered materials.

/ Magnus

Return to “Versions & Resources (Studio)”