Thea Render Revision 481

Development versions, documentation, tutorials and application resources may be found here.

Moderator: patricks

giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

eph wrote: Still get a lot of "Warning: Can not set parameter Appearance of object xxxx with value FrontFace", but components export and render perfectly!
This is a problem also on Windows and will be fixed with next version of SU plugin.

best wishes
Science may limit knowledge but should never limit imagination - Bertrand Russell
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

massimo wrote: Just a little thing: there is some mess with enable/disable icon of the sun in "scene-->point light" panel and the flag in "content-->properties" panel. I mean you can have a disabled sun in the "scene" panel with an enabled sun in the "properties" panel and vice versa. For example if you enable the sun in the "scene point light" panel with right click-->enable you don't have "enable" checked in the "content properties" panel. This also happens with objects. I can't upload an image so I hope it's understandable. :)
Ok (this is indeed a problem in all revisions). To be fixed asap! ;)

best wishes
Science may limit knowledge but should never limit imagination - Bertrand Russell
Panga
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Giannis,

I do not know what you guys did on the last revisions, but I noticed big speed improvements with TR1...I did not try TR2 or BSD yet. But after two month without rendering, the coming back on new revisions is quite impressive...Thanks.
massimo
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Ok (this is indeed a problem in all revisions). To be fixed asap! ;)
Ok, thank you! :)
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Thanks!

Just to let you know, we found a bug in the new implementation of supporting non-power-of-2 texture. We have fixed it but the fix will come with another nice addition we are preparing. :)

For the above reason, RV481 will not be posted on site.

I am sorry for the trouble. If you bump into this bug (it shows some blocky edges when used in clip mapping), we recommend downgrading to RV478.

best wishes
Frankych
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Hi Ioannis,
any news about the scaling factor for texture with a ratio other than 1x1?

Cheers
Francois
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Francois, what was the issue with such scaling? :roll:
Frankych
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Hi Ioannis,
here's what I posted in the current topic a few days ago:

Now further to the topic, would it be possible to have a mapping option to fit a texture to an object.
Most of the time my main models don't have UV (coming from ArchiCAD). So say I have a surface/plane that is 6.24 x 17.36 and I create a specific texture with the same ratio to match the surface.
It takes me a lot of trial and error to fit that texture to the plane in Thea (maybe I'm doing something wrong). I have to adjust the x and y values (scale and offset) independently by hand step by step until I reach my desired target, whereas I would at least expect the global scaling to work seamlessly since the basic ratio is correct... I'll try to setup a case study file to demonstrate my problem later on today.

And here's the link to the test file:

http://www.thearender.com/forum/viewtop ... =55&t=5217

Cheers
Francois
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Ah, yes! It turned out that I have already logged this problem. :oops:
Frankych
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Hi Ioannis,
thanks for letting me know there might be a problem here... I was pulling my hair out ;-)

Cheers
Francois

Return to “Versions & Resources (Studio)”