Thea Render Revision 481

Development versions, documentation, tutorials and application resources may be found here.

Moderator: patricks

giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Francois, I wouldn't call it (technically) a bug but there is certainly some kind of inefficiency.
We are also starting to create libraries, so we are thinking more & more of having things working
out-of-the-box (for example, applying easily environmental lighting is coming up in next revision).

For textures, we want some automatic scaling/tiling based on surface area. But this may be more
tricky than it sounds, since it also depends on how UV coordinates have been modeled. Anyway,
your testing scene comes in a good time.

greetings
Science may limit knowledge but should never limit imagination - Bertrand Russell
Frankych
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Hi Ioannis,
thanks for the info.
Regarding texturing, please make sure you add an option to disable tiling, so that we can apply a single instance of a texture when and where needed (think logo on a glass door for example...).

Cheers
Francois
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

ok! thanks!
Science may limit knowledge but should never limit imagination - Bertrand Russell
Frankych
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Cool, you're a genius ;-)

Cheers
Francois
eph
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

giannis wrote:Thanks!

Just to let you know, we found a bug in the new implementation of supporting non-power-of-2 texture. We have fixed it but the fix will come with another nice addition we are preparing. :)

For the above reason, RV481 will not be posted on site.

I am sorry for the trouble. If you bump into this bug (it shows some blocky edges when used in clip mapping), we recommend downgrading to RV478.

best wishes
Hey Giannis,
is there any chance we see a bugfix to this in the next 24 hours? (i know, I'm not asking for much :D )
If not, could you provide the download link to RV478?

TIA,
eph
Work: iMac Intel i7 3.4 GHz (8GB RAM), AMD Radeon HD 6970M (2GB RAM), OS X 10.9.5 (FR)
Home: Dell Intel i7 3.6 GHz (16GB RAM), GeForce GTX 750 Ti (4GB RAM), Windows 8.1 64bit (EN)
Frankych
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

eph
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Thanks Frankych! I never look there :oops:
Work: iMac Intel i7 3.4 GHz (8GB RAM), AMD Radeon HD 6970M (2GB RAM), OS X 10.9.5 (FR)
Home: Dell Intel i7 3.6 GHz (16GB RAM), GeForce GTX 750 Ti (4GB RAM), Windows 8.1 64bit (EN)
Frankych
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

giannis wrote:ok! thanks!
Hi Ioannis,
while you're at it, any chance you could also add orthogonal projections (top, left, right...) to the texture mapping options????
This, in addition to object fitting, would be fantastic. For example, top projection with x and y fitting (no tiling) would be great for site works, enabling us to control texturing, displacement and instancing with custom made weight and clip maps on multiple copies of a simple mesh...

Cheers
Francois
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Although, I 'd like to, I doubt that there is currently time for adding the orthogonal projections. Especially, displacement, clipping, etc. have a good assumption about UV coordinates being available, so the process for the necessary changes could be quite long.

One thing that is currently discussed and we will probably add it, is the ability to do anisotropic reflections automatically without any UV coordinates.

best wishes
Frankych
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Hi Ioannis,
thank you for the reply.
Mind you, I wasn't meaning to add these options in the next revision ;-) It was more like a wish for a future one if it's possible at all...
What I really wish right now is for the Interactive rendering problem to be fixed ;-)
(http://www.thearender.com/forum/viewtop ... =55&t=5268)
Anyway, thanks a lot for your dedication and responsiveness.

Cheers
Francois

Return to “Versions & Resources (Studio)”