Thea Render Revision 486

Development versions, documentation, tutorials and application resources may be found here.

Moderator: patricks

Pinko
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Tnx Giannis
ciao
Luca.
Rombout

the backup makes a backup when opening the file, is that true??
warnotte
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

I'm downloading right now :)

Very good joob for everything. Especially something i had in mind : c) You can now subdivide your
meshes inside Thea! :clap:
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Rombout wrote:the backup makes a backup when opening the file, is that true??
Say, that you want to open the backup "test.scn.thea.~". Thea will swap this file with "test.scn.thea" and load from that file instead.
This way you can continue working with your normal file.
Science may limit knowledge but should never limit imagination - Bertrand Russell
Rombout

oke but it wasnt really clear when the backup file is created... i just checked it seems it does this when a file is opened or saved. is that correct?
imodel
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Great revision Giannis and Team Thea! I am also curious about when the backup is created, not that it matters. :)
Oxer
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Thanks very much Giannis!!
urbanstudio
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

This revision is, IMHO, a powerful one! :thumbup:
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Rombout wrote:oke but it wasnt really clear when the backup file is created... i just checked it seems it does this when a file is opened or saved. is that correct?
It is created only when you are saving a scene (scn.thea, pack.thea, xml). Then, if the file already exists it is renamed; you can always revert to this backup file afterwards with using the "Backup Files" filter in the Open dialog.

best wishes
Science may limit knowledge but should never limit imagination - Bertrand Russell
ThomasHelzle
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Wow, brilliant updates!

It started to get boring to always apply the same textures over and over again for IBL ;-)

Thank you so much!!! :thumbup:

When I saw the image of the physical sky sphere inside the library folder (cool!), I was reminded that I wanted to ask something for a long time:
Would it be possible to have a saturation value for the physical sky?

I basically never use the physical sky since it introduces way too much blue into the rendering.
In so-called "reality" you hardly ever have such a saturated sky without clouds (at least in Berlin) or there are many blocking elements around that sometimes you don't want to build around your object of interest.
I even convert most HDRIs into greyscale since the colors are too dominant for my taste...

I would love to be able to tone down the saturation and use the physical sky as my default lighting solution to start from.

Thanks again!!!

Thomas Helzle

Return to “Versions & Resources (Studio)”