Thea Render Revision 491/492

Development versions, documentation, tutorials and application resources may be found here.

Moderator: patricks

SandroS
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

ThomasHelzle wrote:Great - thanks a lot for the update! :-)

One question though: Were there any changes to the navigation in Thea? I just tried to move the viewport around in a very simple scene with just one simple object and navigation is "swimming" in a very crazy way, like if all my movements were cached and long after I release the pen (working with a wacom, but the same happens with the mouse) everything continues to move for a while...
I'm only able to position the view by accident...

Anybody else seeing that?

Cheers!

Thomas
i'm experiencing some weirdness too. for me it's when IR is on and i navigate it's like the viewport 'decelerates' when i stop navigating. it's not an instant stop but a delayed one and the viewport keeps updating. not sure if it's the same problem though
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Is this different than previous builds? The way it refreshes the OpenGL Viewport? The refresh
has indeed changed to be actually more responsive, but didn't see anything suspicious.
Science may limit knowledge but should never limit imagination - Bertrand Russell
SandroS
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

giannis wrote:Is this different than previous builds? The way it refreshes the OpenGL Viewport? The refresh
has indeed changed to be actually more responsive, but didn't see anything suspicious.
for me it's just when using IR and just in this build. before that it was working as normal.

when IR is on, the display seems to flicker a lot, alternating between OpenGL and IR. then if i zoom, for example, when i stop zooming the camera keeps going but slows down and stops after about a second.
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

ok, thanks.
Science may limit knowledge but should never limit imagination - Bertrand Russell
Zacchia
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Network rendering for BSD, this is very fine!! I tested it today and it works fine!! Thanks.
Windows 7 64 bit, Thea Render, SketchUp Pro
ThomasHelzle
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Is this different than previous builds? The way it refreshes the OpenGL Viewport? The refresh
Yeah, for me this is different than in previous builds - I never had that problem before.
In the first test I wrote about above, the viewport was completely unusable. The viewport was several seconds behind the mouse. I did some more tests in the meantime and there it was only a smaller delay, I guess similar to what SandroS describes - still irritating but manageable for the time being.
Does maybe the "refresh being more responsive" somehow fill up the event queue and the viewport doesn't keep up?
I'm working on a 30" screen with 2560x1600 pixels, maybe that's a drag on the OpenGL?
Also, I'm on an older MacPro (2008) 2.8Ghz 8core Xeon with 14 Gig of Ram, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit, latest drivers and updates, but just a 8800GT Geforce...
I have no OpenGL speed problems in XSI, Lightwave, MoI and other OpenGL Software - the 8800GT still keeps up pretty well.

Cheers,

Thomas
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

ThomasHelzle wrote: Does maybe the "refresh being more responsive" somehow fill up the event queue and the viewport doesn't keep up?
Yeap, it must be something like this. So, I am reverting to the previous status
(and I would like to provide a small fix for this one).
SandroS
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

giannis wrote:(and I would like to provide a small fix for this one).
great :thumbup:
Rombout

giannis wrote:
Rombout wrote:Way cool as I read all the new features and fixtures I can finally adjust my product shots with mm precision. Really great add! Will there be an option too that when doing adjustments with the gizmo or the transformer that they both can be redone with history button :)
I think I am going to disappoint you here... because the extra digits are shown in the rest user interface,
but not in the transform tool (OpenGL Viewport). I had really forgotten to make the change for that,
and it was rather easy... :problem:

'rest user interface' you mean the rest of the userinterface. I thought that already had 1,000 measurement system?
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Rombout wrote: 'rest user interface' you mean the rest of the userinterface. I thought that already had 1,000 measurement system?
Sorry perhaps I misunderstand. The transform tool is not easy to change; instead if someone needs more accuracy there
he should change from meters to centimeters or milimeters (as unit).

Regarding the "rest of the user interface" I am speaking about all property panels. For example, when you edit the
absorption value of a material. Now, you can input values as low as 0.00001 and still be able to edit them.

best wishes

Return to “Versions & Resources (Studio)”