Thea Render Revision 491/492

Development versions, documentation, tutorials and application resources may be found here.

Moderator: patricks

mvmcneil
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

network rendering for bsd is awesome. but i am getting odd artifacts when network rendering caustics with the jotero cornell test scene. it seems as though the client isn't rendering the caustics while the server is...
Rombout

I nver thoughr of using mm as a input for the trnasformation tool, thanks!
notareal
Thea Support
Thea Support

mvmcneil wrote:network rendering for bsd is awesome. but i am getting odd artifacts when network rendering caustics with the jotero cornell test scene. it seems as though the client isn't rendering the caustics while the server is...
Best place for bug reports is at http://www.thearender.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=55
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

mvmcneil wrote:network rendering for bsd is awesome. but i am getting odd artifacts when network rendering caustics with the jotero cornell test scene. it seems as though the client isn't rendering the caustics while the server is...
I have the feeling that the caustic photon map is not shared correctly. I will have a look as soon as possible
(but It's a pity since it smells like an easy fix and it could make it to RV492).

best wishes
Science may limit knowledge but should never limit imagination - Bertrand Russell
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

New build (RV492) has been published. Please check the first post of this thread to find the download links.

The new build makes a small fix regarding Viewport refresh (where there were some problem reports), along
with a fix for interactive render updating now correctly when the Power/Unit of points lights is being changed.

best wishes
Science may limit knowledge but should never limit imagination - Bertrand Russell
19marco23
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Thank's! :)
Pinko
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Tnx Giannis ;)
Luca.
ThomasHelzle
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Ioannis, thank you very much for the fast fix!

I'll check it out ASAP.

Cheers,

Thomas
mvmcneil
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

notareal wrote:
Best place for bug reports is at http://www.thearender.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=55
I wasn't sure this was a bug or something not implemented just yet. Anyway the update works fine and I have to say I am totally impressed by quick turn around on getting an update out. I have just started using thea, and I have been blown away at the quality and speed.

Return to “Versions & Resources (Studio)”