Thea Render Revision 504/505

Development versions, documentation, tutorials and application resources may be found here.

Moderator: patricks

giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Rombout wrote: Than i tried it on this image, than it looked like it acts simply to a color.
I never used luminance Analysis or something similar so don't shoot me! :mrgreen:
I am not sure, but I think you need to adjust the scale (min/max) to see all rainbow colors :)
Science may limit knowledge but should never limit imagination - Bertrand Russell
rttwlr
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Really good revision, I bet a lot of users will find Photometric Analysis really useful.

As a sidenote, transforming or more precisely moving objects in 3D Viewport feels a lot more fluid. Unfortunately this really annoying bug still remains unfixed. But overall, this is a good step forward. Thank you. :thumbup:
naudofr

Photometric analysis is a nice new feature. Thanks :)
PINOY
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

I always like new gadgets looks cool!
Thanks Team
Rombout

giannis wrote:
Rombout wrote: Than i tried it on this image, than it looked like it acts simply to a color.
I never used luminance Analysis or something similar so don't shoot me! :mrgreen:
I am not sure, but I think you need to adjust the scale (min/max) to see all rainbow colors :)
is see all those colors indeed, but i noticed that white is always yellow and it turns to deep purple over when black. Every color in between is a color in between off that. I will see if i can find something which gives me more info about these analysis.

How is that material and texture part work for scripting?
eph
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Rombout wrote:is see all those colors indeed, but i noticed that white is always yellow and it turns to deep purple over when black. Every color in between is a color in between off that. I will see if i can find something which gives me more info about these analysis.
Rombout, from Wikipedia:
The luminance indicates how much luminous power will be perceived by an eye looking at the surface from a particular angle of view. Luminance is thus an indicator of how bright the surface will appear.
In other words, the luminance is the perceived (coloured) light power. No light = black, 100% light across all frequencies = white...
Now, illuminance is actually a measure of the intensity of the incident light, aka the light hitting the surface. On white reflective surfaces the luminance will approximate the illuminance, but black surfaces will absorb all the incident light, giving very low luminance back...
That's why, as a practical analysis tool, illuminance is more interesting for me, but that's being discussed in a different thread.. ;)
Work: iMac Intel i7 3.4 GHz (8GB RAM), AMD Radeon HD 6970M (2GB RAM), OS X 10.9.5 (FR)
Home: Dell Intel i7 3.6 GHz (16GB RAM), GeForce GTX 750 Ti (4GB RAM), Windows 8.1 64bit (EN)
Redfish
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

:clap: Thank you for the hard work. Much appreciated. :clap:
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend, Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read"
-Groucho Marx
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

We have made a quick update with revision RV505 in order to quickly fix the problem
with saving the photometric report on MacOSX. Along with that, we fixed a saving
issue with display presets on Linux. There are also other small bug fixes related to
interactive render, layer assignment to packages and a reworked -console switch
(to be used by Blender plugin).

You can download the application from the following direct mirror links:
Windows: http://www.solidiris.com/thearender/The ... 10.505.exe
Linux: http://www.solidiris.com/thearender/The ... 505.tar.gz
MacOSX: http://www.solidiris.com/thearender/The ... 10.505.dmg

best wishes
Science may limit knowledge but should never limit imagination - Bertrand Russell
Oxer
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Thanks Ioannis and all the Team.
You make the fix very quickly, like a thunderbolt!! :lol:
ciccio
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Great work giannis
Modo 501|BLENDER 2.5|Wings 3D|ZBRUSH 4R2|3Dcoat|THEA RENDER|Maxwell 2.5.1|MARMOSET TOOLBAG|

Return to “Versions & Resources (Studio)”