Thea Render Revision 576

Development versions, documentation, tutorials and application resources may be found here.

Moderator: patricks

giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Dear friends,

you can find now a new revision available. The new revision has 2-3 important fixes/additions:
1. First, is that some termination criteria have been added to Adaptive BSD method. We have seen that they are very useful since in most cases, they increase performance (especially in scenes with glasses) without visible sacrifice in the output. Thus, we added and enabled them by default.
2. There are some fixes regarding network rendering connectivity problems.
3. A minor fix but still important for those obsessed with unbiased light simulation accuracy (like us!), is that absorption is correctly calculated now for cameras & lights that are inside a medium (note: this still requires defining correct container for the camera/lights).

To get the newest revision RV576, you can check the download links from the following (licensed user club) thread:
http://www.thearender.com/forum/viewtop ... 111&t=6251

best wishes
Science may limit knowledge but should never limit imagination - Bertrand Russell
Rombout

He Giannis,

is stated a couple bugs on the mac version. But nobody has ever replied them as i dont see them as well in this update?! The 64 bit version will came later right? :mrgreen:
nigec
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

One is known about, the mats losing layers/textures isn't happening in Windows :wtf:
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
My Gallery
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Rombout wrote:The 64 bit version will came later right? :mrgreen:
We are thinking to post the current 64-bit build as it is. The fixes for mac are coming in the next public revision.

best wishes
Science may limit knowledge but should never limit imagination - Bertrand Russell
Rombout

:D
eph
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

+1 for testing that 64bit version 8-)
Work: iMac Intel i7 3.4 GHz (8GB RAM), AMD Radeon HD 6970M (2GB RAM), OS X 10.9.5 (FR)
Home: Dell Intel i7 3.6 GHz (16GB RAM), GeForce GTX 750 Ti (4GB RAM), Windows 8.1 64bit (EN)
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Then we will baptise it as ¨experimental¨ build and get it out asap. It will be probable quite useful already since, expect for the current UI glitches, the engine is equally stable like the 32 bit osx version (logically, a bit faster too although we haven΄t benchmarked them). So, if you get stacked due to memory limitation, it will be possible to switch to the 64 bit version.

Best wishes
rttwlr
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

What a humble announcement for such a great release. This problem is now solved. Thank you so much. :thumbup:

Couldn't resist playing a bit with volumetric caustics that can now be controlled with the help of interactive render (!). I added the image to my original thread above.
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

rttwlr wrote:What a humble announcement for such a great release. This problem is now solved. Thank you so much. :thumbup:
Thank you! That was the "cherry on top" for our unbiased volumetric scattering. 8-)
Lobster
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Great to see the IR volumetric scattering. Looking forward to the mac release.

Thanks Giannis

Return to “Versions & Resources (Studio)”