here it is the new 1.5 version of Thea for Rhino with a lot of improvements and features!!
You can download this version from the our download thread:
Go To Downloads
- Updated the Thea Render menu
- The performance during interactive rendering has been substantially improved for all scene changes.
- Added network and bucket rendering. They can be configured from the Distribution section in Render Settings tab and the network log is shown in the Darkroom.
- Added support for Rhino clipping planes. Clipping planes can be configured for each Rhino viewport through the View menu.
- Added a Thea object properties page with some Thea properties. The change with the previous version is that if an object gets hidden through the Rhino interface, it becomes disabled too. But with the Thea object properties page, the ability to have enabled and hidden objects is given among other properties.
- Region rendering inside Darkroom during interactive rendering.
- Added update window.
- Added preferences window with General and Multi-EXR options.
- Rhino viewport material visualisation. Users can set how the Thea materials will be shown in the Rhino viewport.
- Import/Export Thea models. Thea models are imported as Rhino blocks so that multiple copies do not increase the size of the scene. When exporting models, you will first need to select the object to export (if multiple, will be grouped), then give an image for the preview and finally save it (mod.thea).
- Thea Thea content browser is used for opening materials/environment/Thea models. Custom folders can be added by right clicking on the "Custom Folders" list entry. Also the performance of this window has been increased.
- Note that two more buttons have been added in the toolbar. Import and export Thea model. There might be a chance that Rhino will not show the new toolbar after installation. If it's not shown automatically try first to right click on the toolbar panel in Rhino (where all toolbars are shown) go to show toolbar menu and then find the Thea Render. If it's not there, you will need to open it manually. Go to Options->Toolbars->File->Open and go to the folder where the plug-in has been installed and find the TheaForRhino.rui.