Video Tutorial: Add and Edit Thea Materials inside SketchUp

Development versions, documentation, tutorials and application resources may be found here.

Moderator: Tomasz

christina
admin
admin

A new video tutorial for Thea for SketchUp has just been published.
This tutorial presents the available ways one can use to add and edit Thea materials inside SketchUp:

- Edit fast and easily the existing SketchUp materials with the use of the Material Presets
- Create new materials or make more advance editing of the existing ones with Thea Material Lab
- Use the Thea Content Browser for selecting ready-to-use materials from libraries and apply them to SketchUp models
- Find already converted Thea materials in SKM format within SketchUp Paint Bucket

Tip: you can enable the captions option for this video if you wish (CC button).

You can see the video here.

Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
stefan_kaplan
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Great video, Christina :)

One comment though: At 4:00 minutes you show a range of red preview-balls with the most commonly used Thea material presets applied. The one with colored metal has roughness applied to it, which is not an available option through the SketchUp plugin... I have requested this option, but it might be a little confusing to show in the video as long as it is not an option in the plugin.

/Stefan
Tomasz
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

stefan_kaplan wrote:Great video, Christina :)

One comment though: At 4:00 minutes you show a range of red preview-balls with the most commonly used Thea material presets applied. The one with colored metal has roughness applied to it, which is not an available option through the SketchUp plugin... I have requested this option, but it might be a little confusing to show in the video as long as it is not an option in the plugin.

/Stefan
Well. I will add the roughness control. :)
stefan_kaplan
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

:thumbup:
Zacchia
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Hi Christina
Nice Video, I like your dialect :D
I have just one material Folder in the SU Folders, how do I get the "licensed material" Folder?
Attachments
Screenshot18.jpg
Screenshot18.jpg (119.53 KiB) Viewed 1522 times
Windows 7 64 bit, Thea Render, SketchUp Pro
christina
admin
admin

Here are the materials in thea format: http://www.thearender.com/forum/viewtop ... 111&t=7011

And here they are in skm format (the folder thea materials licensed): http://www.thearender.com/forum/viewtop ... 11&t=12384

:)
Zacchia
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Thanks! Would it not be better that thoose materials will be installed when installing the exporter? Guess it is because of installing when not have a licence, correct?
Windows 7 64 bit, Thea Render, SketchUp Pro
christina
admin
admin

The default folder is installed automatically with the installer, for all users, but as some materials are for licensed users only, this extra step is needed,, we will try to implement a better way for this in the feature, generally for licensed users resources, so that after ones activated thea, the resources will be easier available..
Blackhawkdesign
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

I am sure I am missing it somewhere, but I am trying to find the Model that is used in the Tutorial.

It would be handy to use the same model in the learning process... I am sure i can build it myself, but I wanted to make sure I had the same texture.
christina
admin
admin

Here is the link for downloading the used SketchUp scene :)
We are sorry for the late reply to your question..

Return to “Versions & Resources (SketchUp)”