[RV279.1318] Thea for SketchUp

Development versions, documentation, tutorials and application resources may be found here.

Moderator: Tomasz

JQL
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

And are you sure you have sun active for each scene under "Environment" tab of Thea's darkroom?

Are you sure you saved scene settings for each scene (Thea tool's red disk)?
www.casca.pt
Visit us on facebook!

Win 10 64bit
Sketchup 2017 64bit
Intel i7 5820K 3.3Ghz 32Gb Ram
Nvidia Titan X 12Gb
whiterabbit
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

yes, sun is active, i have tried with SU sun alone and also with su sun and manual sun (just in case)
In SU each scene is saved with shadow settings checked. Everything animates as it should in the sketchup video export, but the Thea render animates the camera move but the sun stays in its starting position.
whiterabbit
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Well I started from scratch again and now the sun animates. All the settings were identical in each model. My suspicion is that there are some bugs that corrupt the file when rendering in certain engines that subsequently wont allow a correct render when reverting to another renderer. This same issue happens when I've used global medium in a file, It will render correctly but if I change to a different render engine (sat adaptive BSD) then when I switch back to TR1 the global medium will no longer work at all in that file anymore... seems to be the kind of behaviour that is happening here?
Tomasz
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

whiterabbit wrote:It will render correctly but if I change to a different render engine (sat adaptive BSD) then when I switch back to TR1 the global medium will no longer work at all in that file anymore... seems to be the kind of behaviour that is happening here?
Yes. It may happen. It should be fixed in a next release. AdaptiveBSD presets contain also settings not related to AdaptiveBSD. I have already cleaned them up.

Return to “Versions & Resources (SketchUp)”