[RV306.1355] Thea for SketchUp

Development versions, documentation, tutorials and application resources may be found here.

Moderator: Tomasz

JQL
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Zacchia wrote:Oh, that really works fine :D
Thank you. Why 1 Pixel Image?
If all I want is to see white, why would I need more than one giant pixel? It's not that I don't want to see the fine variations between a 100% white pixel and another 100% white pixel... it's just that it's useless... There's no white image that is lighter than 1 white pixel... 1 byte? I don't even know...

I have both this white pixel and a black pixel in my textures library 8-)
Bob James wrote: How do you make a 1 pixel image? :?
LOL There are several methods!

A - From an image editor:

1 - Open your image editor of choice;
2 - File > New...
3 - On the image size dialog you set it to 1px x 1px.
4 - Open the paint bucket tool
5 - Paint the only available layer white;
6 - All your pixels are now white;
7 - Export your image in your prefered format (I tend to love png but why bother, you can use jpg, tiff, gif and if you want your white level to be really powerfull use an EXR with 32-bit depth and crank the brightness to the max! That should be fun!)

B - From Thea:

1 - Setup any kind of scene with a light source;
2 - Create a camera with a resolution of 1px x 1px or override your current camera resolution on Darkroom;
3 - Set exposure settings like this:
- ISO 99999;
- F-Number 0.1;
- Shutter Speed 0.1;
5 - Save the image to any of the formats above (HDR should also be fun)

C - From Sketchup:

1 - Delete everything from your sketchup model;
2 - Set your style to have a white background with no sky or ground;
3 - Set your style to don't display axis;
4 - Export 2D graphic;
5 - 2D graphic options set your widt or height (wichever is the biggest) to 1 px;
6 - Save as any format you seen above (minus exr or hdr)

D - From the Internet:

1 - Google Search;
2 - Download.

E - From here:

1 - Download:
White.jpg
White.jpg (518 Bytes) Viewed 301 times

As a bonus I'll offer, completely free, gratis, and without charging a "Black Pixel" in extra quality png format: (This is a limited time offer for Presto 1.5 and limited to existing stock)
Black.png
Black.png (109 Bytes) Viewed 301 times
www.casca.pt
Visit us on facebook!

Win 10 64bit
Sketchup 2017 64bit
Intel i7 5820K 3.3Ghz 32Gb Ram
Nvidia Titan X 12Gb
Theodor
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

:)

I was laughing, when I was trying to download each pixel. And that made right clicking on them very difficult.

It also brings back the memories of kerkythea's and podium's sky color from the beginning of my rendering career. Maybe I will think of some feature request.
JQL
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Theodor wrote::)

I was laughing, when I was trying to download each pixel. And that made right clicking on them very difficult.
Oh you were trying to click on them? I was trying to clean them from my screen with a cloth... I was going to kill the bug that was running up and down my screen when I noticed the regular vertical pattern while scrolling. That's when i knew I had found 2 pixels... You have to excuse me, but in this 4K monitor I tend to loose pixels around...
www.casca.pt
Visit us on facebook!

Win 10 64bit
Sketchup 2017 64bit
Nvidia Titan X 12Gb
yudnt
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

非常了不起的改进!thea即将是接近完美的渲染器了。特别是剖面渲染,自动识别SU的设置,非常人性化,超级赞!现在剩下的只是如何加快渲染速度的问题了。
为这次升级赞美鼓掌!

Great improvement! Thea is about to be close to the perfect rendering device. Especially in the Section rendering, automatic identification of SU settings, very user-friendly, super praise! Now the only question is how to speed up the rendering speed.
Applaud this upgrade!
Tomasz
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Thank you for all kind comments.
I have just updated User's Manual for 1.5. It is in the downloads thread.
Bob James
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

JQL wrote: LOL
D - From the Internet:
1 - Google Search;
2 - Download.

E - From here:
1 - Download:
White.jpg
White.jpg (518 Bytes) Viewed 79 times
As a bonus I'll offer, completely free, gratis, and without charging a "Black Pixel" in extra quality png format: (This is a limited time offer for Presto 1.5 and limited to existing stock)

Black.png
Black.png (109 Bytes) Viewed 79 times
I sincerely hope you and Theodor enjoyed conveying that bitingly sarcastic reply to a sincere and honest, albeit ignorance displaying, question. I did not.
i7-6800K 3.4Ghz, GTX 1080ti 11GB, 32GB Crucial DDR4-2400 ECC, OCZ Vertex 4 1TB, WD Black 3TB, 32TB NAS, 4x Dell 27" Monitors, SpaceMouse Pro
Never underestimate the intelligence of your audience nor overestimate your own - Bob James
JQL
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Sorry Bob James, It was sarcastic and I thought it was a funny way to lighten up the answer too.

But all the answers I gave are absolutelly correct and you can follow them.

I sincerelly apologize as I can relate to what you felt but I didn't intentionally wanted you to feel that way.

I'll moderate this kind of interventions but I hope you keep asking your honest questions if you have them as if I know the answers, I will try giving them the best I can.
www.casca.pt
Visit us on facebook!

Win 10 64bit
Sketchup 2017 64bit
Nvidia Titan X 12Gb
radit3d
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

hi, iv've just instaled the new version...
and it amazing..
region render and ground plane feature are works fine. Great job Thea team...

but i've a problem while setting my sketch up camera (two point prespective). Render result is not showing the same view like what shown in sketchup. And it's my first camera problem, i never get this thing in previous version.

anyone can help?
Attachments
doesnt proper.jpg
Tomasz
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

radit3d wrote:but i've a problem while setting my sketch up camera (two point prespective). Render result is not showing the same view like what shown in sketchup. And it's my first camera problem, i never get this thing in previous version.

anyone can help?
The 2p perspective works well in SU2015, but something apparently has changed for SU2014 and earlier, am I right?
massimo
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Tomasz, also the exporter no longer works if you pan with a 2pt perspective... :( :(
SU 2014.

Return to “Versions & Resources (SketchUp)”