[RV306.1355] Thea for SketchUp

Development versions, documentation, tutorials and application resources may be found here.

Moderator: Tomasz

Tomasz
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

massimo wrote:Tomasz, also the exporter no longer works if you pan with a 2pt perspective... :( :(
SU 2014.
That's bad. :( You mean export option not SU2TH, right?
Bob James
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

JQL wrote:Sorry Bob James, It was sarcastic and I thought it was a funny way to lighten up the answer too.

But all the answers I gave are absolutelly correct and you can follow them.

I sincerelly apologize as I can relate to what you felt but I didn't intentionally wanted you to feel that way.

I'll moderate this kind of interventions but I hope you keep asking your honest questions if you have them as if I know the answers, I will try giving them the best I can.
Sorry for misinterpreting: I should have known.
Thank you for explaining :thumbup:
i7-6800K 3.4Ghz, GTX 1080ti 11GB, 32GB Crucial DDR4-2400 ECC, OCZ Vertex 4 1TB, WD Black 3TB, 32TB NAS, 4x Dell 27" Monitors, SpaceMouse Pro
Never underestimate the intelligence of your audience nor overestimate your own - Bob James
massimo
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Tomasz wrote:That's bad. :( You mean export option not SU2TH, right?
Yeah, the "export model as Thea scene" option. Worked fine in previous versions.
JQL
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Bob James wrote:Sorry for misinterpreting: I should have known.
Thank you for explaining :thumbup:
No problem, rest assured from now on if I tend to look like I'm teasing you someway, that I am not, I have deep respect for you both from your presence here as well as Sketchucation and other forums we share...
www.casca.pt
Visit us on facebook!

Win 10 64bit
Sketchup 2017 64bit
Intel i7 5820K 3.3Ghz 32Gb Ram
Nvidia Titan X 12Gb
radit3d
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

The 2p perspective works well in SU2015, but something apparently has changed for SU2014 and earlier, am I right?
yes sir, the same result i got in SU2014 and too bad i've no license to test thea in SU2015 :(

FYI i use SU8
Theodor
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Sorry Bob,
I was just simply amused by the process of clicking one pixel.
I have deep respect for every member on this forum. I have found help and understanding here now matter how badly was my question written, trivial or desperate. I am very sorry, that made you feel like, I was mocking your question. I will be mindful of it and will prevent in the future.

I would recommend everybody to use larger pictures simply for better manipulation with them in any program. You can see the thumbnail and achieve better navigation in your files. I can confirm this from my experience from webdesign, where I had some small elements around 20x20 pixels and smaller. I personally use 100x100 pixel planes.
I don't believe that the difference in the size between one and 100x100 pixel picture would have any observable impact on render time.
If there is any good reason for using 1 pixel images for IBL I would love to here it. (speed wise or other)

Back to the topic of color based lighting.
I discovered beautiful UI under the setting color of the sun in the manual mode. (I didn't used it before) I believe same UI can be used in the IBL setting where also can be color mode and we wouldn't need to use this color planes for image based lighting.
What do you guys think about that ?

T.
Zacchia
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Hi
When I set texture to qubic coordinates and adjust the value like on arrow the preview material is changing but not the rendered Image, there is no scaling. Bug?
Attachments
2015-07-29 10_26_16-Greenshot_1.jpg
Windows 7 64 bit, Thea Render, SketchUp Pro
Tomasz
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Zacchia wrote:When I set texture to qubic coordinates and adjust the value like on arrow the preview material is changing but not the rendered Image, there is no scaling. Bug?
If your SU material has a texture, then it will be UV mapped exactly as in visible in SketchUp. You have to remove the texture from SU material to let the cubic being used.
Is it fine with your work-flow?
Zacchia
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

OK, I understand, did not know that. Thanks for fast Feedback!
Windows 7 64 bit, Thea Render, SketchUp Pro
enneka
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

OH my god, render region in thea darkroom, i was waiting it for a long time, you are perfect !
Thanks for your nice job.
Best regards

Return to “Versions & Resources (SketchUp)”