[RV310.1371] Thea for SketchUp

Development versions, documentation, tutorials and application resources may be found here.

Moderator: Tomasz

The3dBOX
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Anthony wrote:Make sure to disable driver update, otherwise Win10 will push back the latest driver and you'll be re-doing the driver switch all over again.
Will do, thanks Anthony.
Krisidious
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

I found a great tut on excommunicating video drivers... A buddy of mine from a game I play wrote it.
1) Download the newest version of Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) and extract it to your location of choice (I just extract it in a folder on my desktop). DDU seems to get updated often, sometimes even multiple times per week, so always check for the newest version

NOTE: If you don't use any additional GPU software (EVGA Precision, MSI Afterburner, Radeon Pro, etc.), more than one monitor, SLI/Crossfire, or 3D (particularly Nvidia 3D Vision) then skip to step 7.

2) If using multiple screens (independent, "eyefinity"/"surround", etc.), go back to single screen mode with the outer/remaining monitors disabled (done in NVidia Control Panel/AMD Catalyst Control Centre [CCC])

3) If using 3D, disable it (uncheck "enable stereoscopic 3D" in the Nvidia control panel, I'm not sure about other companies' 3D, I use Nvidia 3D Vision 2 )

4) If using SLI/Crossfire, disable it in the GPU control panel (NVidia Control Panel/AMD Catalyst Control Centre [CCC])

5) Set all overclocks, and such, in any additional GPU software installed (EVGA Precision, MSI Afterburner, Radeon Pro, etc.), back to default (should be a "default" button)

6) Use the free program Revo Uninstaller in it's most thorough/advanced mode to fully uninstall any additional GPU software (EVGA Precision, MSI Afterburner, Radeon Pro, etc.). Just the 3rd party stuff though; Original AMD/Nvidia drivers and control panels will removed in the next few steps below

7) Restart in safe mode

8 ) Use display driver uninstaller (DDU) in safe mode to uninstall your drivers. Always make sure you select to uninstall/clean everything you can from the brand you choose (eg. for Nvidia - PhysX, 3D, any audio stuff, everything), even if you think or know it wasn't installed. Also, always make sure to select the "Remove C:\AMD and or C:\NVIDIA folders" option. When you proceed with the driver cleaning, choose the option that DOES NOT restart/shut down the PC. Then click o.k./exit/close when it's done cleaning, DDU will close, open it back up, make sure everything is selected again, and this time make sure you choose the option that DOES restart the PC (or the option that fully shuts down the PC if you are going to physically be changing your GPU).

9) After restart, use the free program CCleaner's registry cleaner and delete/clean any AMD, NVidia or additional GPU software (EVGA Precision, MSI Afterburner, Radeon Pro, etc.) files it may find

10) Restart PC

11) Install AMD/NVidia drivers and always choose "custom" install and just install the minimum of what you need. The following is what I usually install/don't install:

A) For NVidia, I checkmark the following:
- Graphics Driver
- 3D Vision Controller Driver (for 3D, and possibly needed in order to use the amazing 2D Lightboost/strobing hack)
- 3D Vision Driver (for 3D, and possibly needed in order to use the amazing 2D Lightboost/strobing hack)
- PhysX System Software
- Also, make sure to checkmark "Perform a clean installation" below

B ) For NVidia, I make sure the following are NOT checkmarked:
- HD Audio Driver (or generally anything related to audio)
- Miracast Virtual Audio (Allows rendering or streaming of graphics, video, and audio over WiFi to Miracast displays. Windows 8.1 and later) - no thanks
- NVIDIA GeForce Experience (unfortunately you need to install this entire piece of bloatware if you want to use Shadow Play)

12) If you aren't prompted to restart at the end of installation, then restart anyways

NOTE: If you don't use any additional GPU software (EVGA Precision, MSI Afterburner, Radeon Pro, etc.), more than one monitor, SLI/Crossfire, or 3D, then skip to step 17.

13) Upon restart, install any other GPU software you wish (EVGA Precision, MSI Afterburner, Radeon Pro, etc.)

14) Restart

15) Setup SLI/Crossfire, and/or triple screens, and/or 3D (3D last)

16) Restart

17) Open up Windows Command Prompt with admin rights. It's called "Command Prompt (Admin)" - make sure your PC is in your gaming mode (any overclocks you use for gaming like CPU, GPU, etc.) - type "winsat formal -restart clean" (without the quotes) and press enter on your keyboard. Give it a few minutes to do it's thing. Once done, close the windows by typing "exit" (without the quotes).

18 ) Restart PC and PLAY!

NOTE: You probably don't need to do steps 2, 3, 4, 5, 14, and 16, it's probably OCD on my part, lol, but I do things as thoroughly and one-step at a time when it comes to this sort of stuff (drivers etc.).
The3dBOX
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Just a headsup that Nvidia are aware of the issue with latest drivers (hardware acceleration problem) so I presume the next release will address this and hopefully work. Like I said in my previous post, if anyone else has issues then just roll back your drivers one release.
3DCGdesign
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Anyone else having this problem?

I'm rendering with Presto MC NON-interactive.
I'm having the problem that the image is becoming progressively darker as it renders. Is anyone else having this problem?
With 1.4.04 it rendered this same scene earlier today incredibly well. Now with this version it's eh.... starting out right, then getting darker and darker. :(
Win 8.1 Nvidia GeForce GTX 4Gb 860m - Aspire V17 Nitro

It DOES NOT get progressively darker if I render in SU view window with edge lines. Only if I render in Thea window as shown.

Problem persists after restarting computer.

I'll file a proper bug report if I'm not the only person to experience this.
I'm going to try to repeat it in other files first.
Attachments
progressivelydarker.jpg
The3dBOX
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

The3dBOX wrote:Anyone else getting Nvidia driver crashes on Windows 10 using the latest Thea? This happens whilst using presto GPU renders.
Just to let people know, this issue is now resolved with the latest GeForce Driver 355.78
Tomasz
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

3DCGdesign wrote:I'll file a proper bug report if I'm not the only person to experience this.
I'm going to try to repeat it in other files first.
It looks you are the only person with this issue. Was it model specific?

Return to “Versions & Resources (SketchUp)”