[RV415.1428] Thea for SketchUp

Development versions, documentation, tutorials and application resources may be found here.

Moderator: Tomasz

Ferraro
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Thank you so much for adding the option to select a color for the background. Previously, we were sharing files between a group of us and had to load a 1x1 pixel jpg with our background color painted in it. This worked, but since our color.jpg files were in different locations on each of our computers (some Mac, Some PC) we had to reload our background images every time we opened one another's files. Now we can just set a background color, and it saves in the file... Beautiful, easy. I feel responsible for bugging you to put this feature in, and now I am really happy you included it. Thanks for making Thea such a pleasure to use in Sketchup. :)
3DCGdesign
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

When I installed Thea, I assigned my AppData folder to be on my E: drive, not on the C: drive with all of my programs. This is because there are a lot of models for Thea, they can be very large, and after a while take up a lot of space.

I have some custom BSD render settings - specifically I have a super fast super high quality render setting that gives me an alpha mask and Mat ID pass simultaneously while ignoring lighting and materials in the scene. I use it all the time for compositing.

I can easily access this custom setting within SU8 or SU2013 after choose BSD render setting, however, even after placing them where I thought they should go they do not appear in SU2016.
I tried copying my custom settings to this folder but they do not show up in SU2016:
"E:\AppData\Thea Render\Presets"

Please tell me how I can get my custom BSD setting files to show up in Thea4SU in SU2016Pro, thank you.
nigec
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

they need to be in the plugin preset folder, Sketchup uses its own version of the presets, not the Studio ones
I don't have 2016 but 2015 is:
C:\ProgramData\SketchUp\SketchUp 2015\SketchUp\Plugins\Thea4SU_files\presets\
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
My Gallery
3DCGdesign
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

C:\ProgramData\SketchUp\SketchUp 2016\SketchUp\Plugins\Thea4SU_files\presets

That worked... Thank you Nigec! :clap: :wave: :thumbup:

Return to “Versions & Resources (SketchUp)”