[RV415.1428] Thea for SketchUp

Development versions, documentation, tutorials and application resources may be found here.

Moderator: Tomasz

nigec
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Why not at a combobox for prefix style?
ie
none
Render Details
Numeric
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
My Gallery
jiminy-billy-bob
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

I don't! :wave:

But maybe as an option somewhere? As a parametric string, like "whatevername_$number_$rendertime_$engine_$samples"
Tomasz
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

jiminy-billy-bob wrote:As a parametric string, like "whatevername_$number_$rendertime_$engine_$samples"
No way :)
jiminy-billy-bob
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Why not? People could choose what information they want in the filename.
Tomasz
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

jiminy-billy-bob wrote:Why not? People could choose what information they want in the filename.
Yes, but not in this way. Too much room for mistakes.
leminilab
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Oh but I meant it as an option, not a default behaviour!
But most of all, I certainly don't want to put you in trouble Tomasz... :?
Live every day as if it were your last and then some day you'll be right.
jiminy-billy-bob
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Tomasz wrote:Too much room for mistakes.
True
Bob James
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

nigec wrote:Why not at a combobox for prefix style?
ie
none
Render Details
Numeric
Good idea, but as suffix, not prefix
i7-6800K 3.4Ghz, GTX 1080ti 11GB, 32GB Crucial DDR4-2400 ECC, OCZ Vertex 4 1TB, WD Black 3TB, 32TB NAS, 4x Dell 27" Monitors, SpaceMouse Pro
Never underestimate the intelligence of your audience nor overestimate your own - Bob James
Theodor
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Hi all,
I would also like to have some information about what happened.
But I dont think putting it in the name of the file is the right way.
The best way seems to be same as my camera puts details on my photos.
picture-details.jpg
picture-details.jpg (74.37 KiB) Viewed 227 times
this way even more information can be saved with every render. This would allow for the best feedback and easier recreation of setting used to produce the render. If needed later in the project like revisions and so on.

Other thing I would like to discuss with you. Is save all render channels feature, when saving batchrender. I believe in last version I lost the possibility to save all channels as jpg or png. but I am only able to save it as .exr . What benefits are to this ? I would like the possibility to save all my chanels as jpg or pngs. Exr. make my files too big during post processing and archive.
In any case I dont like save all channels as a part of drop down menu where I choose desired format. When I checked the channel to be rendered in thearendering window > channels > checbox of desired channel. I think when I did this procedure I already determined that channel to be rendered why wouldn't I save it. when I am saving my render I want to save everything that I decided to render. So in my opinion save render button should save all rendered channels, because if I didn't want them I already didn't check the box in channels tab.
bbbbb.jpg
In any case if I should choose to save all or just color channel. I dont feel like Save as type drop down menu is good place to make that decision. Its easy to miss click and absolutely not intuitive.
I feel like separate check box would be better solution.
something like this:
aaaaa.jpg
Tomasz
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Theodor wrote:I would also like to have some information about what happened.
But I dont think putting it in the name of the file is the right way.
The best way seems to be same as my camera puts details on my photos.
People want the data in a name to quickly read what rendering engine was used, for how long or with how many samples. Saving the information inside jpg could be done as something additional, with more precise data.
Theodor wrote:Other thing I would like to discuss with you. Is save all render channels feature, when saving batchrender. I believe in last version I lost the possibility to save all channels as jpg or png.
The option is still there and should work as before.
Theodor wrote:In any case I dont like save all channels as a part of drop down menu where I choose desired format.
This way you have a chance to specified depth for output you prefer. Some want to have a full control. If you usually save all into JPG you can just change all to JPG and use SaveAllChannels.

Return to “Versions & Resources (SketchUp)”