[RV423.1434] Thea for SketchUp

Development versions, documentation, tutorials and application resources may be found here.

Moderator: Tomasz

Tomasz
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Dear All,
Here is a new RV423 revision.

If you are in a middle of important project, hold on with installation, please, mostly because all Thea settings are being loaded from a SketchUp scene automatically now, when a transition is over. This greatly improves management of settings stored in scenes, but may cause SketchUp to freeze for a while when you set large HDRI files in Environment settings and save it in a scene.
  • New: Projector light added
    CreateLights.png
    CreateLights.png (111.83 KiB) Viewed 1125 times
  • New: A new way of editing light is added - double-click on a light to edit it position, target, Spotlight's hot-spot and falloff interactively.
    The tool will get improved further, but I think it is so useful as it is right now, I didn't want to delay it further.
    New light editing solution
    New light editing solution
    NewLightEditing.gif (975.67 KiB) Viewed 1125 times
  • Improved: TheaBrowser - stores internal layout - column sizes and active selection in the folders tree
  • Improved: TheaBrowser - External dependencies can be sorted by columns now
  • Improved: All Thea settings are automatically loaded from a Scene when Scene transition is finished. Load button has been removed.
  • Improved: Switching from IR Overlay to Thea window is much faster now
  • Fixed: Presto bug that was showing weird "gaps" in a smoothed geometry in extreme close-ups (by Stinkie).#1225
  • Fixed: SketchUp Overlay image is saved fully when the resolution reduction is active
  • Fixed: In rare situations part of models may not be displayed by SketchUp when Thea tool was opened prior to opening a file. It doesn't happen any more.
  • [Mac] Fixed: When a texture size was lower then 1.0m, then a model TextureSizeX & TextureSizeY were set to 1.0 instead of proper value. It was resulting in wrong texture scaling.
  • Fixed: Clearing IBL path doesn't disable Sky any more #2505
  • Fixed: IBL scrollbar was not showing right when modifying IBL type when content was scrolled
The plugins comes also with the most recent TheaSDK 1434 which has its own improvements.

Please visit our download thread (for licensed users only).

Freqently Asked Questions
Feature Requests & Known Issues
stinkie
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Tomasz wrote:[*] Fixed: Presto bug that was showing weird "gaps" in a smoothed geometry in extreme close-ups (by Stinkie).#1225
Cool! :thumbup:
lodi
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Tomasz wrote:Dear All,
  • New: Projector light added
    CreateLights.png
  • New: A new way of editing light is added - double-click on a light to edit it position, target, Spotlight's hot-spot and falloff interactively.
Wow, great improvement, thanks for the update :thumbup:
saurus
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Thank you. Very useful light tools.
gnuiorc
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Thank you!
I have a question though: I got the feeling that "artificial" lights (like the ones above) are slower to clean up during the render then simple polygons with emitter materials: am I wrong?

Thank you,
Gio
Tomasz
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

gnuiorc wrote:Thank you!
I have a question though: I got the feeling that "artificial" lights (like the ones above) are slower to clean up during the render then simple polygons with emitter materials: am I wrong?
You are right. The polygon emitters are easier to find by the progressive modes AMC/TR1/TR2/Presto, because they have a size. As long as the polygons are simple, they will render faster. All light sources are pointlights, which means that the light comes from a single point. AdaptiveBSD deals with pointlights more efficiently.
jiminy-billy-bob
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Great release! Thanks
Zacchia
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Thanks a lot!
Windows 7 64 bit, Thea Render, SketchUp Pro
christrapeze
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5