[RV444.1442] Thea for SketchUp

Development versions, documentation, tutorials and application resources may be found here.

Moderator: Tomasz

nigec
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

I haven't noticed any difference, but its been mostly animation/sims I've been doing so everything has to render quickly.
Its not that I don't believe you its more so see what may of changed, if its not clean by 4000sp something is wrong
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
My Gallery
quickit
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

not 4000 samples / pixel
4000 px wide image resolution
:D

Usually for complex interiors (with light bounces and lots of reflective materials) at that resolution I let it cook until 1024s/p, sometimes more but I still have noise so I'd liked to know if there were an improvement to be expected in this field...
nigec
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

oops.. sorry, I must learn to read lol

Honestly if something has changed noticeably, share the scene with them. with code its easy to create a new problem

If it was me I'd try the scene with relight in Studio and see if a light source is causing the problem
My Gallery
eph
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Is it just me, but rendering Presto MC (not interactive) and saving all channels, just outputs black EXRs for Normals etc.? The PNGs save fine.
Or is it a Photoshop CS5.5 problem (it seems to read the 16bit EXRs as 32 bit files??) Same black files in XnView though... :(
Work: iMac Intel i7 3.4 GHz (8GB RAM), AMD Radeon HD 6970M (2GB RAM), OS X 10.9.5 (FR)
Home: Dell Intel i7 3.6 GHz (16GB RAM), GeForce GTX 750 Ti (4GB RAM), Windows 8.1 64bit (EN)
nigec
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

try the force saving rgb component switch in preferences
My Gallery
eph
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Oh great, Nigec, that worked! (How is it saving it otherwise, is there a reason RGB is not default?)

I did discover a bug in the process: when saving 'All channels', BUT the displayed channel is not the Color one, it will save the displayed channel as the base file name (which is supposed to contain the Color channel).
'EXR - All channels' works correctly though.
Work: iMac Intel i7 3.4 GHz (8GB RAM), AMD Radeon HD 6970M (2GB RAM), OS X 10.9.5 (FR)
Home: Dell Intel i7 3.6 GHz (16GB RAM), GeForce GTX 750 Ti (4GB RAM), Windows 8.1 64bit (EN)

Return to “Versions & Resources (SketchUp)”