[RV444.1442] Thea for SketchUp

Development versions, documentation, tutorials and application resources may be found here.

Moderator: Tomasz

quickit
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

I have black buckets when network rendering. This is a bug I guess...
InteractiveRender works, local bucket rendering works, but network bucket rendering fails, and ditto for the batch render on bucketed network...
nigec
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Did you update the Studio version as well for the clients?
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
My Gallery
quickit
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Yes.
quickit
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Meanwhile I'll do my network renders without buckets. This works, but can lead to RAM issues with huge images with lots of proxies...
Anthony
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

quickit network render does not break down just like that. There are resiliency scenarios for taking over failed buckets and I have tested this to a great extent here.

First off and just to replicate this in exact steps. Have you tried the same project exported into Studio and tried to network render with the same results? What is your current network configuration and systems used?

Also when you say you have black bucket, did you leave the frame to reach completion and then saved the image to see if the black buckets are there?

If indeed there is an issue with net render and bucket render in particular then I want an exact replication scenario and I will determine if indeed there is an issue.

Rather than taking over the release thread with this issue I would prefer if you spawn a new thread about this and we can continue the discussion there or if you prefer you can email me at anthony@solidiris.com
“ No man ever made a great discovery without the exercise of the imagination. ”
— George Henry Lewes
quickit
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Sorry for the inconvenience.
But it's not black buckets actually, ALL the buckets render black, resulting in a black image.
While I was very happy that the spawning of the render process was WAY faster than earlier builds (I'd say 4 min instead of 12 min in my proxy heavy scenes), this spoils the deal.
I'll email you directly, Anthony, thanks.
damj
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Just to say thank you so much Tomasz, the visibility option is so useful to me!
quickit
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

I know this is perhaps a known issue for some but did the core presto render engine changed since RV1387, or RV1413 noise-wise?

I checked some renders I made last year (RV1387 I guess) and my interior scenes (with lots of glass) are way noisier since RV1428 (I think but am not 100% sure; one thing I'm certain is that previous render engine was less noisy for interior shots).

While I keep optimizing my scenes, the noise is still very visible and I am looking for a solution to minimize it for my final renders. Even with 5 render nodes (network slaves) I end up rendering a 4000px large image in 1h30-3h and it's still noisy (in Presto... I don't want to test BSD otherwise it would be faster to export to 3dsmax+Vray ;-)).
nigec
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Presto had some "love" for multiple lights.. say you had a row of lights over 10m.. the far away lights had trouble cleaning up..
I would send George or Anthony the scene, we can only second guess here :)
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
My Gallery
quickit
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Yup I understand that you can't believe me just like that ;-)

But I was wondering if I was the only one noticing that...

Return to “Versions & Resources (SketchUp)”