[SKP] Thea materials sample scene

Development versions, documentation, tutorials and application resources may be found here.

Moderator: Tomasz

dgood133
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Hi Tomaz really hope you can help me get this working...
on a mac pro osx 10.11.6

I took your SU file to test and show what I am getting here in hopes you can tell me whats wrong... thanks for that BTW :)

I recently upgraded to 2017 SU and DL thea for it installed the SKM materials into the applications content materials folder

everything seems fine except the materials are not working correctly or in some cases displaying correctly either in material browser or on model... They are present in the materials browser and I can apply them they just dont render

as you can see from my attached images I have done test using your scene and one I was working on

yours gave better results as your lights work and your materials have their properties but as you can see I cannot add any new materials to the scene correctly...

I may try and bring some of your materials into my scene to see what that does

anyway I really hope someone here can help with this, as I really need it for work

BTW Thea was working fine in 2016...
Appreciate any help
D
Attachments
my scene with thea SKM materials applied none of the materials are working
my scene with thea SKM materials applied none of the materials are working
your file rendered quickly using ao in SU window looks close to what you show but not quite the same
your file rendered quickly using ao in SU window looks close to what you show but not quite the same
Your scene with added groups and some materials from Thea SKM none of mine are working but was able to apply your clear glass which seems to be
Your scene with added groups and some materials from Thea SKM none of mine are working but was able to apply your clear glass which seems to be
Frederik
Thea A Team
Thea A Team

I'm sure Tomasz will ask you this... :)

1. Please provide a sample scene where the issue is present enabling Thomasz to debug it...

2. Please provide information about what version of Thea4SU you've installed...
Cheers
Kim Frederik

"If you have no critics you'll likely have no success..."
-Malcolm X
Tomasz
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

dgood133 wrote:on a mac pro osx 10.11.6
I recently upgraded to 2017 SU and DL thea for it installed the SKM materials into the applications content materials folder
BTW Thea was working fine in 2016...
There is a bug in SU2017 on Mac that prevents Thea SKM materials with an opacity<100 to open correctly.

I have reported it almost two months ago and SU Team told me they are working on it. So far their second maintenance release of SU2017 didn't contain the fix.

I advice you to use Thea Browser instead and forget about SKM materials. This works on Windows, but I really don't know when Trimble fixes the issue.
dgood133
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Hi Frederik, I am not sure if the scene will show the issue as the issue exist on my system, you guys have your set up and working correctly... as for version I am not exactly sure I DL it from the Thea site 2 days ago I would assume thats the latest version...
dgood133
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Hi Tomaz, ok it sounds like the answer is that for now it just will not work correctly with the SKM materials, can you elaborate on how to work around this? I am no expert on rendering I use Thea to do quick renders of designs that I use as base for design illustrations in PS but I do use Thea quite a bit for this as it speeds up the process...

I guess I could reinstall 2016

appreciate your help!
D
Tomasz
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

dgood133 wrote:I guess I could reinstall 2016
Yes. This is the only workaround if you are not considering installing Windows.
You could also put some pressure on SU guys.

Return to “Versions & Resources (SketchUp)”